14.5mm training rounds

No, the mesh is 12mm.

I thought that the 14.5 mm round was designed to allow the drop shorts to have a capability to take out individuals at long ranges. :wink:

Flying Felix said:
I thought that the 14.5 mm round was designed to allow the drop shorts to have a capability to take out individuals at long ranges. :wink:
Presumably by giving it to some South African sniper armed with one of these:

mastergnr said:
the misfire net in action !!
Cooo. You'd have thought that somebody would design a weapon that separates the bullet from the cartridge case.

Is that a 9mm round in a glass sabot?

putteesinmyhands said:
Cooo. You'd have thought that somebody would design a weapon that separates the bullet from the cartridge case.
I shouldn't really tell you this 'cause it's top secret, so don't tell anybody else.

It is in fact a new type of round that fires the cart case as well as the projectile. The concept is to save the solders the time after a battle of picking up all the brass.

Flying Felix said:
putteesinmyhands said:
I shouldn't really tell you this 'cause it's top secret, so don't tell anybody else.

It is in fact a new type of round that fires the cart case as well as the projectile. The concept is to save the solders the time after a battle of picking up all the brass.
fecking hope not - what else will the Royal Irish do? It was the only way you could see the world picking up brass.