130 female soldiers sent home due to preganancy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mogwaimarshall, May 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. so good to see that even in the heat of the desert our british soldiers still find time to be able to have a bit of fun, do they not offer protection in the med centres, surely the army can not expect every body to behave them selves for all those months on tour.

2. Right own up which one of ya did it ?

john

3. How many were actually pregnant prior to deloyment?

4. good point really, i mean the army does not carry out preganancy tests before deployment do they, i wonder if this will ever happen

5. Would certainly make sense and save money in the long run. No doubt the powers that be are worried about some cnut solicitor screaming sexism.

6. If it makes the solicitor feel better, test the men for preganancy too. Stranger things have happened.

7. FEMALE soldiers going to Afghanistan have been told by the MoD to carry condoms after an alarming rise in pregnancies while on tour.
    An ad in official Army magazine Soldier warns them to take protection as there will be "50 blokes to each woman".

Officially, military personnel are banned from having sex in a war zone. But, according to senior officers, a blind eye is turned if relations are between soldiers of a similar rank and do not impact on operations.

Figures show that 133 servicewoman became pregnant in Afghanistan and Iraq between January 2003 and February 2009. Condoms are available at bases such as Camp Bastion, home to 8,500 British troops - including 700 women.

women should be tested before they go on tours! they give you a test in hospitals even if youve just gone in for a broken toe. there is nothing sexist about it.

8. Hence the expression "Cum here often" :hug:

9. Good way of getting home early

10. Test them a week or two before deployment and ban pre-tour sex!

Better still test them before doing pre-ops training and save wasting money.

Ban sex on R&R as well just to be on safe side.

Make deployed couples take R&R at different times.

Stupid story which has been done to death before. Shock horror - women get pregnant! How many women deployed in period - about 10, 000, of course some will be or will get pregnant on tour.

Shall we just get over it and crack on.

11. Yukky!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Women have sex - shocker!

Women getting pregnant - shame!

Women fancy blokes in uniform - horror!

Dangers of combat zones and fear lead to people having sex - turmoil!

I've never heard of anything like it. Outrageous!

On the other hand, one could say "Yeah, well, bound to happen. Young fit blokes, with young fit women, in a combat zone, in uniform?!?!"

I don't suppose there's anything the MOD can really do except make condoms part of the required kit list for female soldiers in the hope they'll use them when the 'need' arises. Banning sex will just lead to lots of disciplinaries.

13. condoms and even the pill are hardly difficult things to come by! and just making condoms a part of female kit! giv em a break they should throw a few in for everybody!

14. A question, do women have access to the morning after pill there (on base)?

Condoms are one thing, but they are not always 100% fool proof. The morning after pill would help where accidents happen, and lets face it, not everyone who gets preggers want's to keep it.

15. With all that fucking and all that sand, I'm surprised there hasn't been an epidemic of Fanny Gravel Rash.