13 U.S. and 3 Austrailian Soldiers Killed in Kabul.

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by the_boy_syrup, Oct 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

A suicide bomber has attacked a bus carrying foreign troops in the Afghan capital Kabul killing 13 US soldiers.

A Nato spokesman said the attacker detonated a car filled with explosives.

The attack, in the Darulaman area, west of Kabul, also killed three Afghan civilians and a police officer.

The Taliban has admitted carrying out the attack - one of the worst ground attacks against foreign troops since the beginning of the war. Such attacks are rare in heavily-guarded Kabul.

Separately, three Australian soldiers were killed by a man in Afghan army uniform. Nato said the gunman was also killed in that attack in the south of the country.

BBC News - Afghanistan: Suicide attack kills 13 US troops

2. Bastard rags,,why have we got both hands tied and blindfolded over one eye,,, cheating bastard Afghanis are twats and not worth fighting for...

3. USA Today - Suicide bombing of NATO convoy kills 17

Three Australian soldiers killed in Afghanistan - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Rest in Peace.

4. Australian Defence Department media release:

RIP

5. May I suggest that you save your trite comments for a better time?

• Like Like x 1
  6. More detail in this report capt, cpl, l/cpl

Digger deaths 'a terrible blow' for Australia - World (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

"The Corporal was on his first deployment in Afghanistan, having served on Operation Flood Assist during the Queensland floods in January.

The unnamed Captain was on his second deployment to Afghanistan with the mentoring taskforce, while the Lance Corporal was on his first deployment, but had previously served three tours in East Timor."

7. I do not know who or what you are pal, however, I strongly recommend that you take your attitude and tone right away from this thread and park it somewhere more appropriate. Period!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1 Canadian, 1 civilian contractor (Flour), 3 ANP/ANA, four children in the sweet shop the 'Rhino' ploughed into and the Welfare dog were also killed in the Kabul attack.

It says Bus but was in fact and armoured bus....just not that armoured.

I also echo Beagleboy's sentiments.

9. We've been informed that the rank of the Canadian was somewhat higher, as the bus stopped here to pick people up prior to moving on and said rank was seen getting on.

10. The sooner we get all the troops out of that festering pit of a country, the better. It is a teeming mass of rival warlords and terrorists and will NEVER be at peace or stable.
    A sad waste of young lives of all nationalities (including the natives).
    RIP

11. To the American, Australian and Canadian families of those involved, my condolences on the loss of your loved ones.
    People involved, Rest In Peace.

12. To the officers and the ranks involved in the hi-tempo kill or capture operations: please slot as many as you can.

13. May they now find Peace. My sincere condolences to each and every person affected.
    Such sad losses.

Chuff.