13/18 Hussars LAD

Discussion in 'REME' started by ianr, Sep 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know these guys , Terry (baggy) English, Bill Coady and Eric (the red) Taylor.
    I was Inst Tech in Herford 83 - 86.
    Will always remember the RSM Harry Cross.
  2. Joined 13/18 in 1987, D Sqn, can't remember if those were still around.
  3. I remember "Baggy" at 13/18 H. He was the HQ VM Staffy. He was still there in 87/88 when the 16/5L took over.
    Remember "Herr Flick" the ASM as he was nicknamed by the 16/5L, threw a track when the lads took the piss during a skit on Aliwell day. Threatened them with law suit for that one, was told to wind his neck in by CO.
  4. Ian R - were you posted to Hannover before 13/18H?
  5. Hi I know them all and you I am Del Griffiths tech storeman in the Lad
  6. Yep, remember you all. I am Gaz W****rs. The reprobate who turned up at unit on a sports afternoon and sorted all my own accomadation and admin out as no-one was expecting me. Didn't report to LAD and ASM until Friday as I was sobering up on Thursday having been out down town with some of the regiment lads (Casper, Tex to mention a few). Didn't go down well apparently and I got beasted by PTI, provost and PTI again just for good measure. Herr Flick struck again!!!
  7. Yes, remember them well, I have no idea where any of them are now, sadly, Bill suffered an afwul tragedy if my memory serves me right, and I think it does.

Taff H (Clerk)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That will be Del who eventually enjoyed running!
  9. Hi Taff your right I was still running untill a few years ago but knees and Ankles can not tkae the pounding now so I am confined to the tred mill and rowing machine on good days.
  10. 'kin ell - they were my first posting straight out of Borden in December '75, at Hohne - I was in A Sqn LAD