12x12 tents....I’m on the scrounge.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As with all the best ideas in the world, this one was conceived in the pub.

For a few years now myself and an oppo have been wanting to run some sort of beer and music related event. He currently does a small beer festival with decent live bands, but it’s now grown to the stage where it’s becoming a ball ache. H&S are getting involved due to the size, the police want him to hire security etc. etc.

It’s not big enough to be financially viable so he’s scaling back.

Our plan is to run a smaller event in the spring, something a little different.

Without going in to too much detail, it’s gonna be a big 2 day jam session in the woods. Small tents (here is where you lot come in....hopefully), filled with acoustic instruments.

Obviously there will be a beer tent and some form of catering that is centred around the consumption of dead pig.

The idea is to get a load of musicians to come to the woods, get pissed, play music with other musicians, meet people and have a laugh. Obviously people who don’t play instruments are encouraged to come and listen, heckle, bang a drum and get pissed too.

As I said we’re keeping it low key so the budget is small. We’re looking at 10 quid entry for the whole weekend, for maybe 300 people tops. Plus whatever we take on booze and food.

We have a marquee already, but we need between 6 and 10 12x12s that will be dotted around the woods for people to jam in. I’ll be buying a few cheap pianos and chucking them in the tents, along with hay bales for seating etc.

So what are the chances of being able to borrow some 12x12s? Obviously the favour will be returned in free entry to the festival and a fuckton of beer for the weekend.

I’m technically still serving so happy to go through official routes, but obviously it’s easier for everyone if it’s all kept as mates helping each other out.

Cheers in advance.

That sounds the business. Wish I could get out there for something like that. Maybe Cuts and his dodgy cronies know someone who could help.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That sounds the business. Wish I could get out there for something like that. Maybe Cuts and his dodgy cronies know someone who could help.
It should be good. Basically a big open mic sesh, but in the woods and over a whole weekend.

Dang! Would give major organs to get in on that.

This bloke is a luthier and mean banjo/mandolin picker. He's sometimes out showing his kit somewhere in the world and might be in the area around the time it all goes down. Mervyn Davis is a world renowned Luthier | mervyndavisguitars.com Getting him there would be tres cool.

Good bloke but talks like he's chugged a gallon of cough syrup. Threw him out of an aeroplane back in the days the earth was flat, parachutes were round and dinosaurs roamed free.

Dang! Would give major organs to get in on that.

This bloke is a luthier and mean banjo/mandolin picker. He's sometimes out showing his kit somewhere in the world and might be in the area around the time it all goes down. Mervyn Davis is a world renowned Luthier | mervyndavisguitars.com Getting him there would be tres cool.

Good bloke but talks like he's chugged a gallon of cough syrup. Threw him out of an aeroplane back in the days the earth was flat, parachutes were round and dinosaurs roamed free.
Meh! There was/is only one Mervyn Davies.

Can't loan you one but Anchor Supplies sell ex mob ones , I had a 10 man arctic job off them for around £350 ,(used) .

Local ACF, CCF or Scouts etc?

They tend to have more scrounged/buckshee stores than most and wont have any use for it at this time of year. You could probably do a deal if you have land they could use occasionally.

@Ravers try the local Army Reserves, they will be more than happy to help, well the PSI will be, for a weekend of free booze.

Can't loan you one but Anchor Supplies sell ex mob ones , I had a 10 man arctic job off them for around £350 ,(used) .
There is your flaw. He wants to give a free 10 quid ticket and free consumption of about 20 quids worth of beer for the borrowing of 6 to 10 tents............not 350 per tent.

The rich are tight, which is why they are rich.

Sounds like a good bash though, if I was in town I'd be along with my acoustic triangle.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There is your flaw. He wants to give a free 10 quid ticket and free consumption of about 20 quids worth of beer for the borrowing of 6 to 10 tents............not 350 per tent.

The rich are tight, which is why they are rich.

Sounds like a good bash though, if I was in town I'd be along with my acoustic triangle.
That and the fact that I won’t be needing the tents afterwards.

Sadly can't help but good luck with it, it sounds brilliant.