Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

12th of July Festival in NI

@estwist
Why the dumb and the PM ?
You said " I'm confident ill climb the ranks and I'll make sure no one else in my section, platoon/regiment has that view that you guys share. "
Its obvious that you are infantry so I asked if you are Guards or Royal Irish. Are you in a different regiment ?

@estwist
Why the dumb and the PM ?
You said " I'm confident ill climb the ranks and I'll make sure no one else in my section, platoon/regiment has that view that you guys share. "
Its obvious that you are infantry so I asked if you are Guards or Royal Irish. Are you in a different regiment ?
The nature of the post. What it regards, personal opinions. We do security briefs regarding internet safety? Obviously that is before your time but if you think I'm about to post about that here you're more dumb than your second post. The Irish Guards are not a big regiment nor the Royal Irish, I would be easily identifiable as I have mentioned my county where I hail from, smarten up

The nature of the post. What it regards, personal opinions. We do security briefs regarding internet safety? Obviously that is before your time but if you think I'm about to post about that here you're more dumb than your second post. The Irish Guards are not a big regiment nor the Royal Irish, I would be easily identifiable as I have mentioned my county where I hail from, smarten up
You answered your own points above when you began posting your personal opinions and told us where you are from. (apparently)
Your sentence about promotion also points to your being at private or L/Cpl level. Both Micks and RIR are indeed small units so if what you have typed is true then you've already given away too much.
Perhaps you should have paid more attention in the security briefs and not bothered starting a thread or joining this site ?

You answered your own points above when you began posting your personal opinions and told us where you are from. (apparently)
Your sentence about promotion also points to your being at private or L/Cpl level. Both Micks and RIR are indeed small units so if what you have typed is true then you've already given away too much.
Perhaps you should have paid more attention in the security briefs and not bothered starting a thread or joining this site ?
Perhaps your right.

My views on this have changed over the years. I used to think it was good craic when I was a kid, the bands, the spectacle etc. I remember standing in the Holy Land watching the parades with my grandfather who descended from a long line of LOL members looked on with much pride. I then in my early twenties realised it was an excuse for people to get pissed up. Then in the 1990's I started to become faintly embarrassed by it. Demands to walk up and down traditional routes where demographics has made the roads into republican area, were nothing but painful. The Drumcree stand off however really pushed me to the other side. As the staunch sons of protestant Ulster were stamping over the family grave there, after alienating the residents of Portadown, I came to the point of view that they were not the God fearing men following a fine tradition but a bunch of half witted bigoted cretins intent on upsetting as many people as possible.

Right you can't ban the thing as such, but for goodness sake keep it to an area of East Belfast, or Ballymena where it is going to be kept in check. The job of the parades commission.

My views on this have changed over the years. I used to think it was good craic when I was a kid, the bands, the spectacle etc. I remember standing in the Holy Land watching the parades with my grandfather who descended from a long line of LOL members looked on with much pride. I then in my early twenties realised it was an excuse for people to get pissed up. Then in the 1990's I started to become faintly embarrassed by it. Demands to walk up and down traditional routes where demographics has made the roads into republican area, were nothing but painful. The Drumcree stand off however really pushed me to the other side. As the staunch sons of protestant Ulster were stamping over the family grave there, after alienating the residents of Portadown, I came to the point of view that they were not the God fearing men following a fine tradition but a bunch of half witted bigoted cretins intent on upsetting as many people as possible.

Right you can't ban the thing as such, but for goodness sake keep it to an area of East Belfast, or Ballymena where it is going to be kept in check. The job of the parades commission.
Thank you for a real response, and sharing your story.

No? Haha don't be so foolish 3 people from my county and thats just my platoon. But I will be withdrawing from this thread, as I said before. Dont think I wouldn't voice this opinions in regiment etc

Are you sure you shouldn't delete your account ?
You've now given any dissident republicans looking at this site, the information that there are at least 4 men from Co Clare in one platoon in either the Irish Guards or the Royal Irish.
PERSEC indeed