12th July 1690 - It was old but it was beautiful.....

I had two good windups for a mate of mine coincidentally called Billy.

Yon WoO being sponsored by the pope was one and the other was that he was English, having been born in Berwick when his old man was stationed there.

Both guaranteed to tip him to the edge of violence.

He's a Scot BTW
My old man and gfather were staunch Orangemen...............then we went to Essex.

I hope I'm implying fvck all.

I hope I'm being unequivocally clear about my contempt for bigotry.

Hope this helps.
Like some other people. they haven't gone away. Contempt or not, they're part of us, I'm all for celebrating the diversity myself, not encouraging them.

My old man and gfather were staunch Orangemen...............then we went to Essex.
Hammers, Chelsea or Millwall? Want some?

I've actually experienced that in a scary ( I am a crab after all) way, in Lanark.
Ewan McGregor and Johnny Lee Miller sang at Lanark?

Ewan McGregor and Johnny Lee Miller sang at Lanark?
No, the crowd they sang to happened to be in a club I was in and knew I was/am a Tim. Even though I have feck all religion.

That scene reminds me of the Billy Connolly joke.

Two blokes, Billy and Sammy, on the tear wandering around Glasgow looking for a party to ruck up in.

They arrive in one house were a right ol' piss-up is in full flow, noticing the Celtic posters and pictures of the men of 1916 hanging on the wall, they keep quietly to the back of the room knocking back warm cans of Tennants. The singing - stirring renditions of "Kevin Barry" and "The Men Behind the Wire" - is in full flow when someone spots them and calls on them "tae oblige the company wi' a song".

Panic stricken, Billy turns to Sammy and asks him does he know any songs.

"I only know two songs and one a' them's 'The Sash'!"

"Fukk me, ye cannae sing 'The Sash' here, wha's the other song?"

"Ach, it's a wee number called 'The Cry'"

"'The Cry'? That sounds nice, gie that one a lash"

Sammy stands up, coughs politely, "The cry...was NO SURRENDERRRR!!"

Bada bish, I'm here all week folks, don't forget to tip your waitress.