12th July 1690 - It was old but it was beautiful.....

Anyone up for marching?

1st July 1960 was a much better day.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Head down. Feet up. Out for a couple of beers, this afternoon. Back in by teatime. Larder and fridge stocked and a whole host of box sets. Let it snow.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What happened on 1st July 1690? Or are you so far out of date that you have not started using the "new" calendar!?

1st July 1960 was a much better day.
Ahem..... Thread title amended. Old age and too much 6X last night leads to much confusion.

Ahem..... Thread title amended. Old age and too much 6X last night leads to much confusion.
Well that's no good. I have no idea what happened on 12th July 1960 - I was only 11 days old at the time. ;)

If my phone hadn't let me know what is significant about the date I'd have no idea what the point of this thread was

Anyone up for marching?
The three hundred and twenty fifth anniversary of a victory for the Grand Alliance which included the Papal States.

Well I'm happy to pack my approved cabin-sized bag with rosary beads, statues of Our Lady of Lourdes; Our Lady of Knock; St Jude, Patron Saint of Hopeless Cases and the Lost; St Martin de Porres; St Francis of Assisi; St. Francis Xavier (Catholic 'Them' - always a popular choice) for the next available Ryanair flight to George Best International Airport; park myself along the parade route and wave them like a woman possessed.

The three hundred and twenty fifth anniversary of a victory for the Grand Alliance which included the Papal States.

Well I'm happy to pack my approved cabin-sized bag with rosary beads, statues of Our Lady of Lourdes; Our Lady of Knock; St Jude, Patron Saint of Hopeless Cases and the Lost; St Martin de Porres; St Francis of Assisi; St. Francis Xavier (Catholic 'Them' - always a popular choice) for the next available Ryanair flight to George Best International Airport; park myself along the parade route and wave them like a woman possessed.
don't forget your chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope

Be better off waving yer knickers. Might get an offer or two

It was a fix.

When is the away game being played.

Be better off waving yer knickers. Might get an offer or two
Have you seen the Orange Order's hangers on? Most of them don't even ask, let alone offer.