12 years for pulling an eye out

This is one seriously twisted individual.

Warning: don't read this after eating. 12 years does not seem long enough, one can only hope that fellow prisoners take a dim view of the sentence in their own way to make the time pass slowly.

A man who gouged out a woman's eye and threw it from an eighth-floor balcony has been jailed for attempted murder.

Francis Murphy, 26, was convicted at the High Court in Edinburgh of using a metal coat hanger to prise out the eye of 27-year-old Natalie Farrell in May.

Judge John Morris QC told Murphy his crime was almost "medieval" in its barbarity and would make a right-thinking person "recoil in horror".

Murphy, from Dundee, was jailed for 12 years.

During the trial, Ms Farrell described the attack at her home in Dundee's Dalfield Court on 26 May this year.

She said she had ended her 10-year relationship with Murphy and had started a new partnership with another man.

However, Murphy turned up at her home, attacked her new partner, then grabbed her and said he was going to take out her eye with a metal hook.

She described how he tried at get his thumb and two fingers into her eye and pull it out.

She said she passed out when Murphy began throttling her.

When Ms Farrell regained consciousness her eye was on her cheek hanging by the optic nerve.

Murphy then grabbed it and threw it over an eighth-floor balcony.

Alsacien

MIA
MrPVRd said:
12 years does not seem long enough, one can only hope that fellow prisoners take a dim view of the sentence in their own way to make the time pass slowly.
I'm sure they will keep a close eye on him.

Not a nice chap...

She'll prolly keep an eye out for the bastard in future.

Look at them ears, well at least it will give the Wing Daddy something to hang on to as he thrusts his member down his throat.

re-stilly said:
Look at them ears, well at least it will give the Wing Daddy something to hang on to as he thrusts his member down his throat.
Or in his brown eye.

MrPVRd said:
A man who gouged out a woman's eye and threw it from an eighth-floor balcony has been jailed for attempted murder.

When Ms Farrell regained consciousness her eye was on her cheek hanging by the optic nerve.

I don't understand the attempted murder bit. How does throwing an eye over an eighth floor balcony constitute murder? ... or is he the kind of person who'd throw the pin?

As for some of the other postings, I dont think I've seen a set of cornea jokes

Alsacien

MIA
Excognito said:
MrPVRd said:

I don't understand the attempted murder bit. How does throwing an eye over an eighth floor balcony constitute murder? ... or is he the kind of person who'd throw the pin?

As for some of the other postings, I dont think I've seen a set of cornea jokes
..maybe she was still attached to it :?

Excognito said:
Apparently so! Just read in another paper that he tried to shove her over.

Personally, I love it when women who go after chav scum 'bad boys' get what's coming to them.

Then again, I'm not sure missing an eye makes much of a difference to her dog board rating. There may in fact be a slight increase due to the presence of a cheeky new hole.

DeltaDog said:
Excognito said:
Apparently so! Just read in another paper that he tried to shove her over.

Personally, I love it when women who go after chav scum 'bad boys' get what's coming to them.

Then again, I'm not sure missing an eye makes much of a difference to her dog board rating. There may in fact be a slight increase due to the presence of a cheeky new hole.

Jesus Christ! She's 27? She must have had a rough paper round! :pukel:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a sad indictment of British society when a man like this gets 12 years for something like this. He should be praised for using his initiative instead - the man is a visionary.