• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

12 Year Old Sentenced to Life

#2
Fair enough, deserves all he gets... Scroute was lucky to have made the court really, I'd have strung the sh*t up by em!!!

Article says the judge gave him a min sentence of 21 months before being eligible for Parole whats the betting he will be out in 22 months?? But the life sentence does mean (should mean) he will be straight back in if he steps out of line.

Anyway, why all the fuss over that little oxygen thief?? The teacher is the one with the LIFE sentence and is the ONLY one in that incident deserving of any thoughts and sympathy.

Kids parents too maybe, guess they didn’t deserve the shame he has brought to the family. But as I said, she is the one really deserving of sympathy.

I really don’t get your point there tomahamk6, are you saying he shouldn’t have got locked up???
 
#3
I just believe that life is an extreme sentence. He needs to be punished - in the US he would serve a sentence until age 21 and then be released.
 
#4
But who's to say if they let him out at 21 he wouldn't just go straight off and do it again? Personally I think all rapists should have their balls chopped off.
 
#5
tomahawk6 said:
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5036494.html

Seems a bit extreme to me. Looks like Victorian justice is alive in well.
Toma - if you had a daughter, and she was raped, would you still feel the same?

(No I can't sleep)
 
#7
The good news about this case is that despite being released on parole at some point he can be re-locked up for the rest of his life without too much fuss if appropriate. Life means life in this respect - I just hope he serves long enough to be considered as a proper sentance and not just a couple of years.
 
#8
Link to an article from today's Scotsman, which I think explains better the thinking behind this sentence. Including need for further assessment and treatment in view of risk to the public.
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=270602005

By the way T6, although I appreciate your humane take on this subject, your own country's policies on the minimum age to qualify for the death penalty also seem harsh, in some eyes. I understand that the minimum age is now in the process of being raised.
 
#9
My only faulting in the sentence is that it's not across the board. Not sure how many of you remember this case, but at the time the sentence made me so angry and physically sick, pity the mother didn't beat him to death with the branch she used to beat her daughters rapist off of her.....

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=53&id=1139432004

Justice is not balanced or even in the UK, if it was ALL rapists and sex offerders would receive the sentence of the little b*stard above.

Beebs :evil:
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#10
What about that madman who threatened you with a knife BBC...........what should he have got?

And what's Dale's opinion on this given her traumatic incident?
 
#11
I don’t think either is relevant to the topic; neither in anyway compares to the trauma suffered by these females. Unless this is an attempt by you to pull either Dale or I into a slating match and the topic off thread? In which case maybe a less important issue should have been picked and the NAAFI a more appropriate place.

Beebs
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#12
I was merely pointing out that the truth is not always told and that this doesn't help the case of genuine victims. I think it's quite relevant to this thread. It expands upon the subject matter. Genuine victims can fall foul by the actions of those attention seekers who cry wolf. Personally I found it quite remarkable that only a day or so after your alleged incident.............your good buddy Dale, was also subjected to an attack. Given that you are both a pair of attention seekers (and that is the opinion of many on this site), I found that quite uncanny.

As for the 12 yr old, he got what he deserved. If he was big enough to carry out a crime to that degree, he's big enough to do the time.
 
#14
I concur with Hackle, seems to be an appropriate sentence - the boy is in the best place to receive the treatment he so obviously needs.

The person/people I would like to tie over a rats nest are the paedophiles who helped to turn him into what he became.
 
#16
As some of you may know, I now teach these young people. Thankfully I am a six foot tall, rather unpleasant specimen of humanity. He may now come to me to be turned around so to speak. His sentence is appropriate and he will be out in no time if he can be altered or a long time if the medical people think he is a lost cause.

Let your sympathies rest with the woman who was defiled She will get nothing financially to recompense, Maybe a few thousand quid. Plus the memory of being abused by a scrote. He will get between 3 and 5 thousand pounds per week spent on him to pay for the battery of social workers, psychiatrists and teachers that will attempt to turn him. I sh*t you not.

Think of and for the victim, not the offender. :!:
 
#18
hackle said:
Link to an article from today's Scotsman, which I think explains better the thinking behind this sentence. Including need for further assessment and treatment in view of risk to the public.
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=270602005

By the way T6, although I appreciate your humane take on this subject, your own country's policies on the minimum age to qualify for the death penalty also seem harsh, in some eyes. I understand that the minimum age is now in the process of being raised.
The death penalty minimum age is probably going to be raised to 18 [from 15]. The way it works though once convicted and a criminal goes through the appeals process he will spend 15-20 years on death row. The application of the death penalty has come a long way from the old days when we either had no appeals process or a very streamlined one [a couple of years].
 
#19
blurp said:
As some of you may know, I now teach these young people. Thankfully I am a six foot tall, rather unpleasant specimen of humanity. He may now come to me to be turned around so to speak. His sentence is appropriate and he will be out in no time if he can be altered or a long time if the medical people think he is a lost cause.

Let your sympathies rest with the woman who was defiled She will get nothing financially to recompense, Maybe a few thousand quid. Plus the memory of being abused by a scrote. He will get between 3 and 5 thousand pounds per week spent on him to pay for the battery of social workers, psychiatrists and teachers that will attempt to turn him. I sh*t you not.

Think of and for the victim, not the offender. :!:
I'm not trying to put you out of a job blurp, but I'm all for spending a couple of pounds on executing the evil divient, saving all that dosh wasted on the psycho-babble, and paying half of what would be spent on him in one year as compensation to the victim.

Even if he does get 'turned' as you put it, followed by release, you'll only really know if you got it wrong when some other poor girl has to endure the same thing as he'd inflicted before.

Anyone thought that the poor woman may not ever be able to teach a group of boys (or a single boy) again.... thus ruining her career and her life. Even then the system does more for the criminal than for the victim.... I don't care what his mental state is, the world's gone mad!
 
#20
snapper said:
Kids parents too maybe, guess they didn’t deserve the shame he has brought to the family. But as I said, she is the one really deserving of sympathy.
Latest report was that kid had himself been subject to sexual abuse and substance exposure from an early age so not much sympathy due to parents or concern about family name. The kids was receiving special education because of mental problems so it might be a bit premature to dump everything on him. Given the reports I've read, he should - in my opinion - have been better served by the social services.
Horrible experience for the teacher but my view is that very few people are evil at birth so someone contributed to feck this kid up the way he obviously was.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts