12 year old punished for being brutally honest

I did wonder... I've noticed that members of that august culture do tend to cast a certain pall over their long term environs.
I live 12 miles away and just work there, have moved from Cambridge, so a bit of a culture shock.
I'm still feeling my way, BUT, that said, I feel that my particular workplace (car workshop) at least the atmosphere is a bit toxic?
It certainly is an issue in Newark. Everywhere's infested with them. To the South is Farndon. I tipped up on the visitor's moorings there last year.

I repaired to the pub only to be informed there was a private wake in session. I noted that the mourning attire was a trifle informal, and that the mood was, at that point, a trifle lacking in the gravitas demanded of the occasion..

On my return later to the mooring, with a certain inevitability, the fisticuffs were in session.

I had hell's delight trying to get the boat off the mooring a day or so later, as the feral crotch fruit of those loveable tinkers were using the Trent for a dip, and whilst wrapping a few of them round the prop may have appealed to some, my insurance premiums would have taken a hit.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
It does every time I try and use that route, which is generally on a Friday afternoon.
Fret ye not! There are plans afoot to dual between Farndon and Cattle market roundabouts with a flyover and more dualing to the A46 Showground roundabout. Well, when I say plans, what I really mean is don't hold your breath. NIMBY's are screaming about a tree in the middle of a field that would have to go. Oak trees have feelings too.
Annotation 2022-03-15 113829.jpg

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Fret ye not! There are plans afoot to dual between Farndon and Cattle market roundabouts with a flyover and more dualing to the A46 Showground roundabout. Well, when I say plans, what I really mean is don't hold your breath. NIMBY's are screaming about a tree in the middle of a field that would have to go. Oak trees have feelings too.

Nowt that a bucket-full of Diquat couldn't sort out. Or you could round up all the loudest NIMBY/Hippy shitstains, tie them up around the old oak tree with some yellow ribbon, and set the whole lot on fire. That would be entertaining.

Latest Threads