12 year grant

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by the_worm, Aug 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could any one help, Can any one tell me after 12 years service what ammount of money do you leave with. Been confused with different ammounts cheers...

2. About £8000.00 tax free cash in hand (resettlement grant). A preserved pension payable at 60? estimated about £12000.00 for a Cpl. Then your resttlement benifits you claim whilst doing your actual resettlement, ie. food/accm.
    Dont take this as gospel but it is a rough idea.

3. Current resettlement grant is £8947 payable at any point between 12 yrs and22 as long as you are not leaving with an immediate pension. As for preserved pension I don't know where Extankie got his figures from but they are way out, if you want to PM me your details I can do you a preserved pension forecast on Mon. Resettlement wise the best thing to do is speak to your FSA as the way the allowances work is now totally differenent ie subsistence is now receipt based and cannot be used to offset course fees.

4. any truth in the rumour that they are going to be reviewing the cousre allowance for resettlement as £500-600 gets you the square root of feck all nowadays :?: :?: :?: :?:

5. Nothing heard so far but you are totally right. Although the majority of resettlement courses are worth the square root of FA in the world outside! You may have a shiny new certificate but how much experience can you get on a 6 week course??

6. totally agree luckily i am a fully qualified sparky & have used ecdl & slc to my own benefit.