12 Year Contracts - Good thing or not?

12 Engagements for the TA - a Good Thing?

• Yes - my life is all set at 18, sign me up for Life!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - my Girl/Boyfriend/Employer love the certainty!

• No - 12 years is far too long to commit to

• Total voters

msr

LE
Purple_Emperor said:
Think of the extra mtds! I'm sure a good/sneaky PSAO can keep a 'ghost platoon/troop' on the books of non attenders until their run out date. With a runout date now 12 years away rather than three, imagine the fiddling of books which can happen.

'why yes,colonel, I know it says we have fully manned battalion on the books, but in fact it's only Privates snodgrass and Jones that we have seen for the last six years!'
Especially with MTDs now being dished out according to held strength, not establishment...

msr

anonemmoos

Old-Salt
Only a very brave or really apathetic PSAO, would fiddle the books that much. Bleinam (sp) would show up that there was abit of fiddling going on.

predicted numbers based on unit strength for events are inputed, the numbers on the drill sheet after the fact would show this up as false.

The 12 year contract wont really effect anything, apart from recruiting...so from that perspective its a bad idea.

G

Goku

wee_mark931 said:
The 12 year contract wont really effect anything, apart from recruiting...so from that perspective its a bad idea.
Unless we make it clear to potential recruits that we’re not the regular army and that under normal circumstances they can leave when they want to and don’t have to turn up to every training day.

Just a minute, I'm due to sign on again this year, so will I have to sign my life way ( well the weekends anyway ) for another 12 years ?

That would make me <tappity tap> 50 !!!

I've wasted my life :cry:

polar69 said:
Just a minute, I'm due to sign on again this year, so will I have to sign my life way ( well the weekends anyway ) for another 12 years ?

That would make me <tappity tap> 50 !!!

I've wasted my life :cry:
You're in good company here! :D

Latest Threads