12 (Nova Scotia) Field Sqn

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by buggrit, Dec 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lo lads, found this site today and bloody wet meself laughing at some of the stuff on here, good memories.

Any of you lads ex 12 sqn? Thats 12 Sqn when it was in the Traz then Hameln...when it was a real sqn :wink:

Im Steve "Jock" Lee, gimme a shout if you know me.

I remember when I first got to 12, drove past the block on the bus from the airport, a skinny little runt, wet behind the ears and saw the sqn bar jammed full and thinking "Fcuk! I hope I dont go there!!" I did and I think within a day my eyebrows were shaved and I was a wet mess in the corner of the bar. :lol: Great days!!

2. Buggrit,

I spent 4 yrs(87 to 91) at 25 in the Traz, did 16 Sqn, Plant and RHQ. Maybe we faced off on one of those 'Really Fun' Barmine Layer races around the square. Ahh the days of the 3 Sisters, Concrete Hill and Club 99. Met the missus there and are still together. Occasionally pop back to see the Outlaws, but its not as much fun anymore.

3. Buggrit,

I spent 4 yrs(87 to 91) at 25 in the Traz, did 16 Sqn, Plant and RHQ. Maybe we faced off on one of those 'Really Fun' Barmine Layer races around the square. Ahh the days of the 3 Sisters, Concrete Hill and Club 99. Met the missus there and are still together. Occasionally pop back to see the Outlaws, but its not as much fun anymore.

4. Moosaca, are you of canadian extraction who was also clerk (as well as Cbt Engr) in possibly 2Tp 16 then sqn clerk in 16, 43 & RHQ :?

5. Jeez! How could I forget those barmine layer races??? They were such a good laugh *cough* :wink:

Ah and the 3 sisters!!! When you got to the top with your lungs dragging behind you taking a gasping deep breath and getting a lungfull of that tip...quality :lol:

I was never much of a Clubb 99 goer, I prefered Broadways, where "Every night is Ladies night!!" there was some quality chicks in there mate.

6. Robre,

Ah, too close for comfort!!!!! The old line 'Once a Sapper, always spammed to do something dirty or dangerous' comes to mind. Yes my shiny new (well, reconditioned) 432 was my pride and joy in 2 Tp. Remember the little specled guy and his screaming bagpipes??

'There are no such things as wrong answers - just wrong questions!'

8. i knew a few lads from 12

s@e@e d@c@y

g~e~ l#sh##n

s#e#e c#gg#n

& a few others mainly through fitba, most are out now though, BUT not all.

9. Know all them matey.

Bumped into S#e#e C#gg#n a few months ago in Truro after not seeing him for years, he hasnt changed.

G#e# L#sh##n is still in and is a WO2, good on im, top bloke.

No idea where S#e#e D#c#y is now.

11. Did 91 to 94. (Sigs) Ireland, and the move to 28! Who remembers the first night 12 went in the bar at 28???? Br**e Gr*y was duty NCO, he shat himself when POND LIFE (Support) went in! Wi*f, A**twi*k and the likes!
    A few knocking around still, Little A**ie C*st*n, B*b Fa*m*r, *el E*ans, and Ru*s Phil**tt (just posted) to name some.
    A*dy (SUICIDE WATCH) Pal*er living nearby (Oh feck)
    Living in Chesterfield, working at Chilwell. 1 year to do for 22!

12. Greasy Joe - check you PMs

13. spent a few years in 12 Sqn from 76 to 81 mostly 2Tp then 3 tp
    then went to 16 Sqn for my sins for another few years in 84 to 87 all in 2 Tp

14. Big Jock, remember you mate from 12 in Traz and Hameln some very good times had then when the squadron was a proper one, esp when we went to Hameln and they didnt know wot to do with us!!
    Speyer when 28 tried to kick off at the bbq and got spanked by a field tp & POM's.
    Saw you a few years ago back in Hameln, i did the move from Traz to Hameln with 45.
    Greasy joe thought suicide watch wud have achieved his ambition of pushing up daises by now, was engaged to my best mate when in Traz, she soon saw the light!!
    Wi*f still around year or so left now, 2 here looking forward to a new life.
    R**h P*i*e

15. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I was 12....90 to 94, best sqn in the corps. Great times. Remember the move to Hameln, they hated us, get in. The riot at Speyer was tops, the rig remfs got slapped all over. Didnt one of the other troops have an in cident on another ex?
    All sqns should have been like that. Been out for 6 years now, still think about Traz and Hameln. Great times.

Scouse Gr!bb!n