Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by CLOONEY, Jan 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It appears that due to the excellent job the recruiters have been doing recently and the dropping of standards at various Training Establishments (allowing more adult entrants into service), the MOD may have got their manning figures wrong and for the first time ever, soldiers will soon be allowed to leave service without completing 12 month Notice to Terminate :!: . This apparently will be a short term measure (in order to balance the treasuries books !!! - are we really so over manned if so why so many deficiencies in so many units ? and is this the correct way forward ?
  2. Cooney
    Good post, You should post that on the Manning Control LINK, here

So was the re-activation of Manning Control in 94 but then the treasurie got carried away :evil:
  3. Q. Are we over manned or undermanned?

Confused of Colchester.
  4. Last time I looked we were still undermanned, MOD forgot to take natural wastage in to account. On the Termination front, CO's have authority to grant early release before your 12 month point.
  5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Correct, but only 3 months early - you must have served over 9 years and must have a job to go to.
  6. If someone has signed off then my understanding is that they will be offered the option of going before Mar 31 this year-with correspondingly reduced resettlement time and money. The reason is quite simply that MoD cannot afford the wages bill for the Army as it stands. No More No Less-the Army is bankrupt
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Not the Army that is bankrupt, but the government, both financially and morally.
  8. my trade is critically undermanned, here at my unit we are scaled for 17 of us, up until last week we actually had 8, 2 of which have signed off, bang, friday comes, telephone call from the admin office and off the 2 trot.
    Down to 6 (including 1 in Bosnia)
    Cheers Hoon you clown
  9. well said that man.
  10. Mr Hugo Swire (East Devon):To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many commanding officers have been instructed to offer soldiers, due to leave in September, the opportunity to leave the Army up to nine months early.

11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I gather that it is at CO's discretion to let Sign Offs go early. And no we are not overmanned, we are just less undermanned that we were supposed to be. Work that one out!!
  12. Lets cut the pay bill then, there are at least 31 Brigadiers sat at home on gardening pay, waiting to fill posts as and when they become free, oO(sack that lot) retire them and you could almost afford a regiments worth of troops. Not my words just paraphrasing from a Maj who worked up in Glasgow. There are also another 33 Brigs over the establishment filling posts that they shouldnt be, how much change do you get out of 64 Brigs ???
  13. I blame you lot, i didn't vote for the cnut!
  14. Mad_Medic
    Looks like Mr Keetch has took your post on board :wink:

Mr Paul Keetch (Hereford):To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many (a) majors and (b) brigadiers are between postings; how long each has been on leave; and if he will make a statement.
    N Mr Paul Keetch (Hereford):To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many senior officers are between postings in the (a) RAF and (b) Royal Navy, broken down by (i) rank and (ii) length of time on leave; and if he will make a statement.
  15. Do the Conservatives have a Shadow Defence Minister??? ( Oppps, sorry, Tory policy is to cut the Forces back further to waste more cash on the appetites of education and the NHS -- so how is that different from Labour then?)

Only heard Keetch ask questions of any relevance.