11sigs Cpls Mess, get ready to pay up!!!

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by PeoplesPTI, Jan 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh yes, arnt us JNCOs lucky! Not only will we have to come to blandford at some point. But now we have to pay £9 per month.
    4 for the cpls mess and 5 for the upcoming ball. (summer/christmas/etc)
    At a recent mess meeting we were made to sit in a seat and were belittled into voting only to be told "its gonna happen anyway!"
    To top it all off, the wo's are having a mess night for cpls mess members, exept only half are aloud to attend.
    A tech full screw with one year under his belt obviously is far more important than the 10-12 year lance jacks.
    It seems the CPLs mess is not being run by our own, but by an outside party who are only in it for a tick in the box.

Comments please!
  2. The fees are not unreasonable. And like it or not, a 1 year tech Cpl IS more important than a 12 year LCpl in the eyes of the system. Bull your boots and get over it.
  3. You should feel honoured to be part of such an establishment. Is it not the most coverted post in the Royal Corps? All those young soldiers looking up to you? Do you your duty man!
  4. Stop moaning and take it like a man!
  5. What a mincer. 10-12 year Lance Jacks? Who's the dummy?
  6. And when you have reached the dizzy heights of full screw he will be a Sgt pushing for his Staffy. And all in under 12 years.......that's why he is more important
  7. £9 per month? If that's going to break the bank I suggest you see a debt councillor.
  8. Dry your eyes mate, so your a LCpl of 10yrs+ and you have to pay £9 per month for a mess bill that will provide you with a mess function. You'd better see the bank manager first thing monday morning, oh and make sure you don't go out tonight a buy that round of drinks for more than a tenner. If you ever end up at a unit which pays less than £25 per month count yourself lucky and make sure you make the most of your mess facilities

9. Im not a 10-12 year lance jack. Just voicing the opinion of others to see what the reaction would be.
    The reason i am against paying the bill is that it isnt actually a mess, but a naffi bar with normal naffi opening times, naffi staff and naffi prices.
    Plus, due to work commitments i am never able to attend any functions.
    All i am doing is standing on the soap box for all those without access to this site.
    However, i am scottish and therefore, genetically tight fisted, and you are correct in saying a tenner is steep for a round.
    Its a pint for me and a glass of tap water/ice/slice for the laydeez!
  10. What's wrong with them? Are they missing their fingers?

Stop fcuking whining like a girl and pay your money. If you feel so strongly about it speak-up in the next mess meeting and state your case.
  11. Stick to fake sun tan lotion and hair gel you big poof. We want our mess to work voice your opinion at the meetings not on here ,grow some balls..
  12. too true carpets for arms how goes Blandford lost your emaill addy. As for the whiner 9 quid is fick all tight arse get over it and start enjoying the benefits a mess holds. Think yourself lucky they never had a Cpls mess when I was in we had to wait till we were seniors.

Enjoy the moment as before long your life will have flashed before your eyes and you will be a civvy like me.,........

13. Okay, i get the message, ill shut up and hang my head in shame. :oops:
    thanks for all the replies.
  14. BLX (that RTG speak for bollox) I'm with you PeoplesPTI, its not the 9 quid its the shite standing up dictating, met too many of them in my time. You will do this and you will do that, turn the fcuking music down, close the bar when i fall out with my missus etc etc. R Sigs WOs - shat em
  15. Well said morphine i totally agree with what you say if it is the corporal mess then surely the corporals should decide how it is run rather than told how it will run.