Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Steve6904, Jan 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With the amount of kit I have been issued over the years, my quarter looks like a clothing store. I spoke to my clothing storeman about handing in all the kit that doesnt get used. He waffled some shite about it being in JSP that I had to keep everything that has been issued until I de-kit at the end of my time. Is he correct, or is he being idle?

2. He is being a cock, (I have 6 items on my 1157). Any decent QMs has a big box for flasher macs, sausage bags, PT shorts and the rest of the crap the army has issued over the years.

3. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

You can 'de-kit' at any time, as long as you hand everything in correctly and retain enough to ensure you have correct equipment / clothing for all dress types ie; Drill, CBRN, PT, etc

He's just being a nobber.

I long for this online clothing system to get the thumbs up that's being trialed. Order your kit online! Never have to get f**ked off at the clothing store ever again! Woo!

Clothing Store - ARRSEpedia

4. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

What a complete gump. Buckshee kit is (or used to be) the best Army currency going.

5. De-kitted twice during my career, once at Odiham and again at Aldergrove with never a problem, although back in the 90's we had one particlarly obnoxious storeman whom I marched in one of my guys drenched in hydraulic fluid ( don't ask how ) and demanded he changed his clothing immediately. Que the RQ hiding round the corner suddenly appearing and telling the storeman to sort it now.
    The look on the bitter, twisted old git's face was a picture !!

6. Are there many soldiers still serving who were issued those things?

7. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

They stopped issuing sausage bags during February 2005, I still have two but would never use them because it just screams '****' for some reason. Plus they're shit. :) Don't know about the flasher macs but plenty of peeps still have them.
    Don't forget, lots of this stuff gets handed down like a heirloom. :)