1157 still there after de kitting ?? HELP !!

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by two-four-albert, Oct 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I look to the gurus out there for a bit of advice. I de kitted when I left the Regs in 2010, I finish my FTRS soon and when I got a print out to hand in it still lists my complete 1157 I handed in ? Anybody know how I stand on this or the best way around it ?? Cheers.

2. Are you on about your time left as a reserve, and able to be called upon. Or FTRS? They're different things.

FTRS is a full-time STAB essentially.

If you're on about the kit you had to store in case of call up, as a reserve, then don't worry about it. I have my kit on ebay weeks after I left the camp gates, and I've never been asked to hand it in.

3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Ask your QMs.

When I went to hand in several decades' worth of kit, they took about 8 items off me and called the other lads in to have a laugh at the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  4. When I left the regular Army, I de kitted as normal, but when I started FTRS I signed out a couple of sets of 95 and 1 set of MTP, but when nobby Norman checked on unicom it still lists shedloads (22 years worth) of kit against my name. I can't hand it in as I don't have it but the computer says I do ???

5. Your just trying to keep hold of your Gimp suit and respirator, bet you still have your Sombrero from 12 armd FRG though.............just had my 1157 unicom print out with my kit to hand in with 5 items on....if your missing biggish kit let me know as i have a shed full......I dont have Armour plates, putties and the S6 Respirator still though.

6. I'm guessing you de-kitted 8 months and 2 days ago 9by the car), so your dekit paperwork should be on file.

Give the clothing storeman who did it a ring. Asking about it, he may have not done it properly.

7. I was sorting my kit out the other week and I've still got a bomb suit on flick. Not only do I have the bomb suit listed, but extra bits to it. For example it now lists 5 pairs of blast pants!

What's despicable about this is that it looks like the QMs department of 11 Regt have used me to rectify their account and probably thinking/hoping I would die it would then be subject to write off.

Well I lived - saw them ***** right off.

• Like Like x 7
  8. I looked at the list of things that I'd signed for and thought it might be simpler to let them shout out for what they wanted than try to remember what all those NSNs meant.

Must admit I thought they'd have wanted the SLR back, guess it must be on account of the plastic furniture.

9. [​IMG]

They never got that back. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Did you hand back you Rights of a Soldier?

11. A clear modern day case of Atlantic Conveyor syndrome.

12. Well they normally just ask for webbing, doss bag etc but if you have any left FFS don't flog it otherwise poor Tommy Atkins on the western front may go without and you'll be labelled worse than rapists!

13. Wouldn't want it; direct skin contact item, it would only be written off. Unopened tubes of lube could be reissued though.

XL Size I'm guessing?

14. when we went from DPM to MTP i got a print off of my 1157 so i could do a partial dekit. Luck old me it was reasonable accurate and the odd items were not important and written off. The only question i had was my respirator (which isnt listed as such), as it said i had been issued 2 - turns out a certain units QM's dept had not been very good at accounting for items issued and had been adding items and back dating them to peoples flicks! However the idiots had put a date when i was still in training but said they had issued it to me!

15. Everyone does that, I like to think I was original with style and panache.