1157 Assistance Required

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Bad CO, Apr 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Am just in the process of leaving the Army and have been sent my 1157 to see what I need to bring in. I've got a sneaky suspicion that most of it dates from when I joined up and was therefore binned years ago but you never know.

Anyway I've attached it below in its full glory. Anyone able to tell me what these things are and offer any suggestions as to whether the clothing store actually wants any of it!

1157 part 1.png
    1157 part 2.png

2. Bad CO

Is one of serial 28-31, a chinese fighting suit?

3. I can confirm that the beret will be the shapless blob that sits on your head when you go outdoors.

They'll not want the socks, drawers or towel back.

4. I'd go and speak to whoever is going to de-kit you. They are generally most helpful and can give an indication of how many bin bags of kit they are expecting back.

5. msr

msr LE

Why does Fork, Table need a size and not Knife, Table (although I could hazard a guess as to what it would be...)?

6. our guys are all civis and as helpful as they can be, provided you ask nicely. To actually get kit written off so you don't have to find it, remove the listing from ebay etc is a little different though.

I happened to find someone in the QM's who was actually in, able to access the computer and who was suseptable to blackmail. I've gone from 5 and 1/2 pages of 1157 to 1 and 1/2.

125 days to go, and counting....

• Like Like x 2
  7. I received a much longer list, much of which seemed to have been a wish list rather than stuff I'd been issued. "Parka Camouflage" - that was on my 1157 even though I've never seen one, much less signed for one.

The storeman was quite happy with both sets of PCS, both sets of CS95, Goretex and a woolly pully that I bought for my daughter when she was a 13 year old cadet (Size 1!). There was some other junk that I threw in, mostly stuff that didn't fit, though to be honest, I can't remember what was issued and what I've bought over the years.

Aside from that, there's the webbing, sleeping bag, bivvi bag, basha and respirator.

8. Size 8 feet eh?

You know what they say, small shoes equals small....

9. Bad CO

Me neither, is it a SAS smock?

None of which is on there!

10. Bad CO

Only for george boots, you'll see I'm a manly size 9M in combat boots .....

11. My respirator and case was on my 1157 but the rest was on another Word-generated list.

12. I was going to say socks, no need to get defensive. Jeez.

13. Why are you returning kit? Surely you'll need it on joining the new 30k strong Army Reserves?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bad CO

No thanks, I've seen the cluster that is FR2020 from the inside at AHQ and frankly will be amazed if we get anything decent before 2120.

Time for a change methinks so I'm considering the RN reserve.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Just turn up with the cheap stuff you dont want on your 1157 and consider it recycling, if they want to G1098 you... you know the score, the child in front of you doesn't. NCO I/C blankets should have been pre-warned, and warned off by the RSM.

sorry , expect most forms numbers to be incorrect.... old age.