111 squadron history

A

aradia

hi, just wondering does anyone know anything about the history of the 111 squadron which has now disbanded, i can't find much about. i know it was based in RAF Leuchars but that's only because my grandfather used to be an armour in 111. any info about it would be great as i would love to do a tribute for them because there is next to none

Sorry to appear rude, but do you not know how to use Google? I put "111 Sqn RAF" into Google and found a raft of websites showing the history fo 111 sqn and well as a lot of images.

They were involved in some of the biggest battles in the Battle of Britain - so try including Battle of Britain in the search.

There are tributes to 111 squadron including paintings of some of their most famous operations. I think that the painting recently commissioned for RAF Northolt shows a 111 Sqn Hurricane takling off.

If you are still lost they contacting the RAf musuem at Hendon.

A

aradia

Sorry to appear rude, but do you not know how to use google? I searched 111 Sqn RAF and found a raft of websites showing the history fo 111 sqn.

They were involved in some of the biggest battles in the Battle of Britain - so try including battle of Britain in the search. You will find paintings of their successes.

If contact the RAf musuem at Hendon you can find a lot more.
no probs, i tried google and i still feel there is alot more than is being shown so i'll contact the museum thanks

Try the libary or ABE Books if you want some detail.

S A Burton 'Adstantes: 111 (Fighter) Squadron' (Private 1996)
H Griffiths '111(F) Squadron: the first 75 years' (Tri-Service c1992)
Anthony Robinson 'RAF fighter squadrons in the Battle of Britain'
Sands 'Treble One: the story of No. 111(F) Squadron RAF' (Private 1957

A

aradia

Try the libary or ABE Books if you want some detail.

S A Burton 'Adstantes: 111 (Fighter) Squadron' (Private 1996)
H Griffiths '111(F) Squadron: the first 75 years' (Tri-Service c1992)
Anthony Robinson 'RAF fighter squadrons in the Battle of Britain'
Sands 'Treble One: the story of No. 111(F) Squadron RAF' (Private 1957
thanks, i mean i've got some things of my grandfather's but i want to expand on it, i'm sincerely grateful

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cpunk Int Corps 13
Bugsy The Intelligence Cell 0
CRmeansCeilingReached Aviation 23