11 year old receives Darwin Award

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TerryFukWit, Jun 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here

A boy aged 11 is believed to have accidentally hanged himself while playing with his XBox.

Callum Stockley died while playing in his room on Monday night, and was allegedly found suspended from the top of his bunk bed.

Friends and neighbours claimed the boy accidentally became tangled up in the XBox cable as he jumped from the bed when his mother, Stephanie, called him downstairs.

He was airlifted to University Hospital in Coventry but died before he arrived.

Yesterday a friend of the family in Exhall Green, Coventry, said: 'It is just an appalling tragedy.

'Apparently Callum was sitting on his bunk-bed playing with his Xbox when somehow he got the cable wrapped around his neck.

'It looks like he accidentally hanged himself. The family are absolutely shattered by what has happened.'

............ Twat

2. Kids aren't eligible for Darwin awards because girlies will cry.

From the Darwin site:

The candidate must be capable of sound judgment.

Humans are generally capable of sound judgment, except those with mental, chemical, or chronological handicaps that render them unable to fully comprehend the ramifications of their actions. That means no children, Alzheimer's disease sufferers, or Downs Syndrome patients. Child nominees are a bone of contention. A vociferous majority argues against letting them win Darwin Awards, citing the gulf between ignorance and stupidity. An equally clamorous minority contends that they are the best candidates for a "rusty chromosome" award, since they obviously have not reproduced. To muddy the ethical waters further, some children have stated that restricting them from vying for this laudable award is yet another encroachment on their civil liberties. We appreciate that parents are responsible for teaching their offspring to make responsible decisions. Therefore children are not eligible to win a Darwin Award. However, a few are included as nominees, when their actions can be considered foolhardy by even their peers.

Think he should qualify as most kids that age would spot how bone it would be to wrap stuff round their necks and jump off the bunk beds.

http://www.darwinawards.com/book/_intro1.html

3. I like this comment -

I assume he got tangled in the controller cable of the old xbox? If he'd had a new xbox 360 with wireless controller this tragic accident would of been avoided.

- Davey Boy, Chatham, Kent, 17/6/2010 13:57

4. perhaps he was pissed off with getting served on CoD

5. Hanging around, waiting for a decent server?

6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

:judge:

10/10 all around, chaps :D

7. He was on course to beat his best score, but he choked...

8. Thats a bit harsh i mean it was a tragic accident not like some kids who are too trusting of thier school caretakers is it

9. Yeah, its not like him and his pal accidently drowned in a bath tub. Unlike two dimwits we know.

10. Epic Fails all round :D

The xbox plays games on other xboxes, not on servers.

11. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I missed it in th eoriginal article, how much are they wanting for the xbox?

12. One non-dead 11 year old child.

13. And maddy is how old now ? :D

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Well she was just under four when her mum and dad gave her an accidental overdose three years back, so that would make her...

...still dead.

15. I'd get onto trading standards.

[​IMG]