11 year old receives Darwin Award

#1
Here

A boy aged 11 is believed to have accidentally hanged himself while playing with his XBox.

Callum Stockley died while playing in his room on Monday night, and was allegedly found suspended from the top of his bunk bed.

Friends and neighbours claimed the boy accidentally became tangled up in the XBox cable as he jumped from the bed when his mother, Stephanie, called him downstairs.

He was airlifted to University Hospital in Coventry but died before he arrived.

Yesterday a friend of the family in Exhall Green, Coventry, said: 'It is just an appalling tragedy.

'Apparently Callum was sitting on his bunk-bed playing with his Xbox when somehow he got the cable wrapped around his neck.

'It looks like he accidentally hanged himself. The family are absolutely shattered by what has happened.'


............ Twat
 
#2
Kids aren't eligible for Darwin awards because girlies will cry.

From the Darwin site:

The candidate must be capable of sound judgment.

Humans are generally capable of sound judgment, except those with mental, chemical, or chronological handicaps that render them unable to fully comprehend the ramifications of their actions. That means no children, Alzheimer's disease sufferers, or Downs Syndrome patients. Child nominees are a bone of contention. A vociferous majority argues against letting them win Darwin Awards, citing the gulf between ignorance and stupidity. An equally clamorous minority contends that they are the best candidates for a "rusty chromosome" award, since they obviously have not reproduced. To muddy the ethical waters further, some children have stated that restricting them from vying for this laudable award is yet another encroachment on their civil liberties. We appreciate that parents are responsible for teaching their offspring to make responsible decisions. Therefore children are not eligible to win a Darwin Award. However, a few are included as nominees, when their actions can be considered foolhardy by even their peers.

Think he should qualify as most kids that age would spot how bone it would be to wrap stuff round their necks and jump off the bunk beds.

http://www.darwinawards.com/book/_intro1.html
 
#3
I like this comment -

I assume he got tangled in the controller cable of the old xbox? If he'd had a new xbox 360 with wireless controller this tragic accident would of been avoided.

- Davey Boy, Chatham, Kent, 17/6/2010 13:57
 

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
#6
eggnog said:
smudge67 said:
perhaps he was pissed off with getting served on CoD
Hanging around, waiting for a decent server?
:judge:

10/10 all around, chaps :D
 
#9
joey_deacons_lad said:
Thats a bit harsh i mean it was a tragic accident not like some kids who are too trusting of thier school caretakers is it
Yeah, its not like him and his pal accidently drowned in a bath tub. Unlike two dimwits we know.
 

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#11
I missed it in th eoriginal article, how much are they wanting for the xbox?
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#14
Taffnp said:
amazing__lobster said:
Fang_Farrier said:
I missed it in th eoriginal article, how much are they wanting for the xbox?
One non-dead 11 year old child.
And maddy is how old now ? :D
Well she was just under four when her mum and dad gave her an accidental overdose three years back, so that would make her...

...still dead.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
#19
there is a lesson to be learned from this story.

if you are too pikey to buy a 360 with it's wireless controllers, you've got it coming.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top