11 EOD Regt RLC

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Oberleutnant_vn_Genschler, Jul 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may be out on a limb here but I was wondering if any serving members of 11 Regt feel that the Troops of 521, 621 and 721 are now forgotten. The big picture seems to revolve around RHQ and 821. If your not within the wire at Didcot then you are worthless. Didcot keeps growing yet the Sqns and Troops are still getting screwed for more and more. I find it strange that all extra resources the Regt gets keep getting taken in at Didcot and do nothing to lift the work load. When it comes to grading confrences didcot takes all the top places.

I am starting to think I am wrong about all this as I used to think that I could never get anyone at Didcot because they had all knocked off. I now think Didcot must be as overstretched as everyone else and may be, just may be it is the higher calibre of person who gets posted in. This would suggest why Didcot pulls off the top places on grading confrences.

If you love life in the Regt and think you are treated the same where ever you are, Didcot or the Sqns then please tell me as I would love to know if I've got it all wrong!

2. No, you're right. Didcot has the highest calibre of person posted in and they all work extremely hard and are as overstretched as the rest of the Regt. This is why they fare well on grading conferences!

3. BDH,

Please tell me that was sarcastic.

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Grading boards are a just and fair system of deciding the outcome of promotion boards. Location or position should not be an influencing factor.

Although being in the same location as the CO and SAT would not help in no way at all. No really it wouldn't.

5. Seems to be working for me.

6. Rowley,

No it isn't. Believe me.

And besides we in Germany are treated exactly the same as those in Didcot. We're never considered M. Mouse or have our assets stripped away for tour eqpt.

7. The thing is really a mute subject anyway as the CR process is about to change to the same situation the officers are in and also anybody currently outside the Regt will get posted to Didcot sooner or later - so surely it will balance out in the end.

Except for FB as he will need to revise the laws of physics to get a balance on any see-saw.

8. What, we'll all get to major (or WO2) eventually, regardless of who we are or what we do, as long as we hang around for long enough?

9. Anyone else geeting fed up with 11 EOD Regt hogging this site and turning it into a regt newsletter?????

You people are supposed to be too busy for carp like this! Think of the perception you are generating about your trade. In other words you might easily be mistaken for a bunch of whinging over promoted gits.

Just a bit of advice - nothing personal meant.

10. General Melchett

I'm not in 11 Regt but.......

........if more of the Corps were aware of arrse and had enough time on their hands to abuse the IGS system rather than doing the job they are paid for, then just maybe...........

11. Maybe - just maybe.

Anyway it's only sa matter of time before this site is put into the red list. Then i guess you and I Gen M will have to get on with our day job.

12. General Melchett

Actually I've got a day off.

13. And the wife has not left you a list of chores to do?

How do you get away with it? You know if I was a betting man I'd put you down as a candidate for DRLC. Who else in the Corps could get a Friday off?

You are certainly not working in any of the Regt Ops Rooms.

14. Yes, of course.

Apologies for delay, have been away for a week watching a large amount of muppetry from our scalene collegues when working with foam and stuff.

I always do particularly badly on promotion boards, so I can't have been serious! Hope your holiday over the water is going OK; on your return to Germany you could be the next Sqn Drill Sgt, after all the parades you've seen recently!