11 eod didcot??

Carp King,
Tell us what Trade you are, and I will tell you what you are likely to be doing.

Shiny

do know a jnco who was their and got to drive with blues&two's?
but you could be going to make the brews depending on your trade?

You're posted to Didcot? Sorry to hear that

Theres 3 possibilities for watch keeper.

JSEODOC - you'll be responsible from receiving MACP requests from the Police and task the appropriate team. It's a responsible job and there's quite a lot to it. JNCO.

Ops for JFEOD Gp - Similar role but on ops, when not on Ops there's lots of exercises.

Ops for CSAD - if you're Driver Comms Spec, you'll deploy with the CSAD and will provide the link between the CSAD and it's responsibilities.

im going as a driver, posting order says watchkeeper regtl ops, not sure wat that is?
Read the remarks and make sure you are going to Didcot and not Wimbish.

821 Sqn is now part of 33 Engr Regt, but until they get all the admin sorted out the asignment orders are still saying 11 EOD.

I thought they were in the new gaff in Bicester.

Fraid not,

As at 1 Apr 821 EOD 11 EOD Regt stopped.

As at 15 Apr 821 Sqn 33 Engr Regt (formed) and 49 Sqn stopped work.

On or about Jul /Aug 49 will cease to exist and 2 search troops will be in Didcot for MACP under 421 EOD Sqn.

Read the remarks and make sure you are going to Didcot and not Wimbish.

821 Sqn is now part of 33 Engr Regt, but until they get all the admin sorted out the asignment orders are still saying 11 EOD.
thanx gents
watchkeeper regtl ops JSEODOC thats wat my assigment order states. sounds intresting.
what are shifts like? usual 8 til 5 or...?

Fraid not,

As at 1 Apr 821 EOD 11 EOD Regt stopped.

As at 15 Apr 821 Sqn 33 Engr Regt (formed) and 49 Sqn stopped work.

On or about Jul /Aug 49 will cease to exist and 2 search troops will be in Didcot for MACP under 421 EOD Sqn.
Why the **** is CSAD in with 33, it's a logistic function?

thanx gents
watchkeeper regtl ops JSEODOC thats wat my assigment order states. sounds intresting.
what are shifts like? usual 8 til 5 or...?
Shifts can vary depending how the Ops Offr/Ops WO want to run things.

Square your writing away, receiving, recording and transmitting accurate information is vital. It's not a game and people's lives may depend on it.

Why the **** is CSAD in with 33, it's a logistic function?
It's not CSAD anymore, supposedly para/cdo EOD troops for short notice deployments with EOD/ECM/search bods all together ready to go. Not sure how its going to work with licensing and the like though, as far as I can tell the operators won't be doing anything when not deployed apart from usual regimental admin. The leftover troops from 921 Sqn disbanding are being given to 521, 621 and 721 as CSAD troops the last I heard.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The takeover continues apace then

Who the **** wants to be in 821 now, considering it was always an unpopular destination at the best of times?
It will be the place that is trawled for all overseas ops in the future, with 11 Regt only supplying support for UK MACP.
If supported properly it will be the unit everyone will want to be posted to but not the location.
The plan is for the unit to develop its own licencing criteria. A lot of work still needs to be done on this.
As of May CSAD will be covered by 521, 621 & 721 in turn a month at a time.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
batfink RLC 7
clarkster Sappers 81
quiller Weapons, Equipment & Rations 4