11 Bat - Find the silver paint mission

I'm not sure whether this is a joke or not, but I've been sent on a mission to find silver paint. I don't know where to start, who holds the budget on these sorts of things?

Silver paint exists, and is used widely. Try the QM's.

This is a WAH isn't it, Silver paint and AFVs, a bit like Fish-n-Chips

I'm not so good with the acronyms, I might try the CQ's later. If anyone asks where I've been, it's searching online for silver paint. 8)

Ask the QM for tartan paint if he's run out of silver. It's always a good substitute. You use a special brush to apply both silver and tartan called a long weight. The paint is difficult to spread properly without one so you need to ask for one of those as well.

What colour is the inside of a Power Pack ( engine) compartment these days then? are the PPs still "Duck Egg Blue"

I have a load of Zinc spray paint (silver colour) at work but won’t be back there to get the NSN for you for two weeks but it is available.

Dave

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Kingxex said:
Ah it's alright guys, I'm starting to think it doesn't exist haha.
Does that mean a FAIL?

Remember - Fail = Pain :twisted:

Kingxex said:
Tartan paint, lefthanded screwdriver, bubbles for spirit level... Heard them all haha.

On a side note I got promoted today, woop woop.
get the slabs in then!!!

On a side note, what the **** is 11 bat?

SEAE

SEME is 10 Trg Bn REME

Am I justbeing cantankerous in hating Bat as the abbreviation?

Kingxex said:
, bubbles for spirit level... .
Well done on the promotion. However, you can demand spirit level bubbles.....no duff. No idea what the NSN is though.

Kingxex said:
Ah it's alright guys, I'm starting to think it doesn't exist haha.
It exists alright mate, I wasted many an hour painting the inside of my 432 silver. What I never understood though is why the stuff would never fully dry?

Latest Threads