11 Bat - Find the silver paint mission

Discussion in 'REME' started by Kingxex, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure whether this is a joke or not, but I've been sent on a mission to find silver paint. I don't know where to start, who holds the budget on these sorts of things?

2. Silver paint exists, and is used widely. Try the QM's.

3. I used to have loads on my boots back in the day :? Fecking amazing non drying silver paint, but it covered a multitude of sins :p

4. This is a WAH isn't it, Silver paint and AFVs, a bit like Fish-n-Chips

5. I'm not so good with the acronyms, I might try the CQ's later. If anyone asks where I've been, it's searching online for silver paint. 8)

6. Ask the QM for tartan paint if he's run out of silver. It's always a good substitute. You use a special brush to apply both silver and tartan called a long weight. The paint is difficult to spread properly without one so you need to ask for one of those as well.

7. Try the chefs, they'll have it for painting their cookers.

8. What colour is the inside of a Power Pack ( engine) compartment these days then? are the PPs still "Duck Egg Blue"

9. I have a load of Zinc spray paint (silver colour) at work but won’t be back there to get the NSN for you for two weeks but it is available.

Dave

10. Ah it's alright guys, I'm starting to think it doesn't exist haha.

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Does that mean a FAIL?

Remember - Fail = Pain :twisted:

12. its next to the tartan paint,opposite the skyhooks.

13. Tartan paint, lefthanded screwdriver, bubbles for spirit level... Heard them all haha.

On a side note I got promoted today, woop woop.

14. get the slabs in then!!!

15. 8010999434635
    Description: PAINT,FINISHING:pAINT FINISH;ALUMINIUM;BRUSHING OR SPRAYING;5LITRE CAN;DEF STAN 80-31.