11/09/11 - Get yer bets in!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Your_Mums_Pal, Sep 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - 9/11: Clinton says Al-Qaeda behind New York threat

Beeb News is obsessed with pending terror attacks in New York city courtesy of "specific, credible but unconfirmed report". It's spent the majority of the afternoon interviewing pissed off New Yorkers who have been trying to do their best John Smeaton impression and failing miserably. Apparently both New York and DC are under threat and somebody in the heirarchy is convinced this is going to go down. So vigilance has been asked of US citizens and security levels have been stepped up.

Now I'm no terrorist and I'm not very clever but in light of all this why bother planning the attack on the anniversary? Wouldn't you EXPECT the country to be at it's most vigilant then? Why attack New York and DC? What's wrong with a few blokes with AK's wandering around Chicago's downtown area?

Ack - what do you lot imagine will happen on the 11th? Anything at all?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'd not bother. They seem to be doing a fine job of terrorising themselves without outside help.

I'd wait for the fuss to die down and then do a Mumbai on Cincinnati or someplace.
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

(((2/3)*(7/8))*(**** All))

or a very rough approximation thereof.

for some reason putting fig "8" in brackets gets you a smiley and I have neither the time, nor inclination, to solve this.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I do wonder if this "credible threat" is real or just something made up.

Oh no! Am I thinking conspiracy theory! Feck!
  5. If I was going to do it, which I'm not, they are Americans and have suffered enough. The 9th of the 11th would be both symbolic, and confuse the hell out of Noraid.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. There's still some reds under the bed! They do love a good enemy and are good at making them.
  7. Tinfoil hat in post with that book on 21/12/12 you wanted...
  8. I have heard that a Bi Polar Turk who works in a Kebab House in Basingstoke will do something naughty.
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Clarified, gratis.
  10. Is congress about to roll out some emergency 'Lock-up-anyone-with-nigra-looking-arab-al-qaeda-looks-and-has-the-name-Mo,-mohammed-and-all-variations-of-it,-and-open-all-their-mail-and-read-their-emails' type legislation?

If not, sounds like a good a time as any!
  11. If you want extra funding, during a double-dipper, for FEMA, the FBI, the CIA and if the Mayor of NYC is facing re-election it's a really good idea to feed the media a bunch of shite about 3 Pakis who managed to bypass airport security and who might be about the set fire to their pants on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Won't do Obama (Blessings and Peace Be Upon Him) any harm to stoke it up before Sunday's speech either.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Hope nothing happens at Proms in the Park - as I am going
  13. It's already happened...netley jnr is playing up. She has been influenced by the dark agents of Allah...
  14. Why go for high priority targets like New York, I think I'd just brass up an Amish village or two.

No particular reason, I'm just jealous of their carpentry skills.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Probably cos a few blokes with AKs would (at best) just merge into the background in Chicago or Detroit. At worst the local gangs would think someone was muscling in on their turf and brass them up pronto.
    • Like Like x 3