10million want to quit over taxed uk

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dance_with_the_devil, Sep 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a home in the Irish Republic, was thinking off moving back in the future but the Euro has wrecked that country. It's so bloody expensive there now..

2. Beautiful part of the world Mad_M,

One of the places on my list of "To go and visit" having spent most of my army tour time in the trouble spots of Northern Ireland, it will be a much needed remedy to visit Ireland again and travel where i want to. Especially down the West coast, having seen Billy Connolly last week on one of his Adventures, it has only re-kindled the desire to visit that part of Southern Ireland.

3. Your right Pompey_jock,

No need for me to enter, as Miss Devil, kinda sorts out my finances for me....
    I earn, She spends... :wink:

4. My house is on the West coast and only a few miles from one of the best links golf courses in Europe. Im sure Connolly was there having a seaweed bath!.

5. :lol: .Any excuse to get in the "Buff" thats the Big Yin for ya... :lol:

6. ONLY 10 million want to quit UK? When my Nan died at 96 Gordon Brown took £27k in death duty as a thank you from her for her services to this country for nearly a century.

However, I will leave UK not for tax reasons but for imigration and safety reasons. I presume the majority leaving the UK in droves are working class people willing to strengthen the country and community they join leaving the less desirables behind. I also presume that those that remain are not concerned about current affairs and the state of Britain. The chav criminals, crack heads and unemployable (literally 100s of thousands) will remain, imigrants will continue to flood over the 'border' and by the next generation Britain will be hell to live in. So 10 million seems a small number to me.

7. In the late 90's I moved over to the USA and lived there for the next 6 years... the taxation was much more bearable and the simple fact was that despite the theoreitcal £1 = $1.75 (roughly) - your dollar bought you there, more than a pound does here.

Better standard of living, lower cost of living.

When I explained the level of tax in the UK to my new friends over the pond they were not impressed. At the time I said it was worth it because it paid for our free healthcare (so we didnt need private medical cover), paid for our free dental, paid for University grants so our students were not crippled with debts to fund themselves through college/Uni.

At that time I still thought that.

get back to the UK in 2004 to find our taxes even higher - but the supposed benefits (healthcare, pensions, further education) have all but gone - so where do all our extra taxes go?

does B.Liar have a secret slush fund somewhere? or is our money paying for his retiral home in a hollowed out Volcanoe along with Bloefeld?

originally posted in the Finance forum thread covering the same issue/debate.

8. Sorry to hear about your Nan..DAG,

I too am of the opinion that the UK will implode given it's Government softly, softly approach to immigration,taxes,unemployment,crime,schooling,health, the list is quite endless, which ever Political party gets in, in the future i don't want to be apart of this country anymore.
    Having served 22 years out of my life,come 2009 i strongly feel i am no longer a part of this country/democracy.
    Hense the decision to leave these much loved shores and venture elsewhere.... :cry:

9. This appeared in my email last week. Quite apt.

I come for visit, get treated regal,
    So I stay, who care I illegal?
    I cross border, poor and broke,
    Take bus, see employment folk.
    Nice man treat me good in there,
    Say I need to see welfare.
    Welfare say, "You come no more,
    We send plenty cash right to your door."
    Welfare cheques, they make you wealthy,
    NHS, it keep you healthy!
    By and by, I got plenty money,
    Thanks to you, British dummy.
    Write to friends in motherland,
    Tell them come as fast as you can.
    They come in rags on the back of trucks,
    I buy big house with welfare bucks.
    They come here, we live together,
    More welfare cheques, it gets better!
    Fourteen families they moving in,
    But neighbour's patience wearing thin.
    Finally, British guy moves away,
    Now I buy his house, and then I say,
    "Find more aliens for house to rent."
    And in the yard I put a tent.
    Send for family (they just trash),
    But they, too, draw the welfare cash!
    Everything is mucho good,
    And soon we own the neighbourhood.
    We have hobby-it's called breeding,
    Welfare pay for baby feeding.
    Kids need dentist? Wife need pills?
    We get free! We got no bills!
    Britishman crazy! He pay all year,
    To keep us illegals in comfort here.
    We think UK is very good place!
    Much too good for the British race.
    If they not like us, they can go,
    There's lots of room elsewhere you know...

10. i agree. australia here i come.............

11. Top Shout Civvi_git
    Pretty much sums up Britain in a nutshell....Sad but TRUE... :cry:

12. Many thanks Dance With The Devil, Nan would have been 100 this November 11th.

You mentioned many areas that I didn't. Doctors, teachers etc. will be (already are) replaced with foreign equivalents. And now they want us to work 'till were 67+ to pay for mistakes not made by our own doing. Unless we argue that voting Blair in '97 was our mistake and so now we're getting what we deserve. Implode. Excellent desciptive. I'll pay my death duty elsewhere when my times up. I can always watch the news when I'm old and grey and look see Britain as I do countries such as Romania now. I don't wish it, I just can't stop it.

13. Ahhh..Down Under....
    Was there in 2001 Townsville, on the east coast, in Queensland. There on a Dive-Ex. Absolutely beautiful, coulden't fault the local populas, as soon as they heard our accents they loved it. Have thought about buggering off
    there as im a fully qualified diver, thinking of going down the route of using
    resettlement to bolster my dive portfolio....
    But thats a little way off, 2009 im out the force, so options still open for me..