10k Run Time

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by StaffyJoe, Dec 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fellas

Just wondering, amongst you infantry blokes, what is considered a good 10k run time.

2. Taking a SWAG, 43 mins?
  3. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Under 45 minutes from my point of view. Well, that's my aim anyway. 47:13 is the nearest so far.
  4. As told to me by a triathlete (sp?).

Casual/fun runner: sub 50 minutes
    Dedicated athlete/runner: sub 37 minutes

My personal best is 42.30.
  5. you ARE F##king joking !!! I do 5.88k in 41mins. but ive always been heavy. Im now 18 and a half stones.
  6. I usually do around 44 mins - perhaps a tad under that if I've trained hard enough. I'm 46 (bad thing) but tall and skinny with a long stride(good thing). I'd expect a lean, mean and yong infantry soldier to be doing low 40s or better.
  7. did one last year which did in 39 mins, dont know whats an acceptable time though, under 50 mins????
  8. 40 mins, but I'm not good.
  9. I did a charity 10k run in 50 mins but to be fair i just trotted round and it was fookin red hot.
  10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It depends.
    My PB is 32:40 in 1984, these days 40 or 41 mins at 52 years old. But then I'm a road runner. A good soldier's time with no special training would be 40 to 45 mins.
  11. I was'nt Infantry and I'm 55 now but can still do 10 miles in 75 minutes, you do the conversion.
  12. 41 mins for me, but I'm not in yet, hopefully catterick will sort me out!