Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by random-nothings, Feb 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Random

Give them hell! Had a recent dealing with them regarding flights to US and Canada, their own shite lost them a booking worth five grand.

Had to give them some pointers to their own terms and conditions. Seeing your predictament - you may wish to point this out to them - its in their own terms and conditions:
    Whether or not you're made to pay a fee or not (which I doubt due to the short time you made in calling back) - she could have been more helpful, the dozy cow.
  2. Cheers mate, sadly, it looks like those points you listed above apply only to retail or phone booked flights, not online. They are not backing down, but then I doubt management have read the emails yet, hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow, along with an apology at least! Cheers
  3. Random

Get back on their site and go through their terms and conditions, those three points were just a few of them. As you know where you could stand by the time they get your email. If your situation ain't listed, you may find yourself in a better position than you think.

Good luck mate.
  4. A lot of the flights on e-bookers are cheap exactly because they are non-transferable, non-refunable etc.

I've fallen into a similar trap in the past and had to swallow hard and take the hit!!!

Always worth having a go to see if they'll relent but it does appear to be unusual.
  5. Cheers for the advice, they are still sticking to their guns at the minute so it looks as though the flight stays as it is! Never mind, thanks anyway!
  6. 2 words: Small Print.

I made the mistake of booking a flight on the wrong day through Ryanscare once - but it was only 20 quid in total so it wasn't so bad...