Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Smurfette, Feb 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am looking into joining the 265bty in Grove Park and would like a heads up on what it's like before I tip up there.

I will be going to look for myself in the next few weeks but any info would be gratefully rec'd.

2. Don't know much about 265 bty or air defence, but felt I should reply because a) I'm from those parts and b) no ones answered your post c) I'm also artillery

Have you read the webpage, http://www.army.mod.uk/106regtrav/265_bty/ ? Got information on it's role and a bit about available jobs.
    Quote "The Battery is currently recruiting Surface to Air Missile (SAM) operators, drivers, medics, chefs and data operators"

Don't know what roles are available to women so you'll just have to ask.

Good luck
  3. :oops: Thanks, I was starting to feel a little sorry for myself!!!

I just wanted a bit of info from someone who attends. It's a bit of a trek for me to get there (well more the return journey on train) and just wanted to see whether it'd be worthwhile or if I'd just be sitting on my arse all the time.

Am looking into a couple more units that are easier for me to get to. I'm going to have a look around each one before I decide though.

Thanks for the help.

4. What's your local TA centre(s)?

Do you have previous militray experience? (in arty?)