• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

106regt

Am looking into joining the 265bty in Grove Park and would like a heads up on what it's like before I tip up there.

I will be going to look for myself in the next few weeks but any info would be gratefully rec'd.

Cheers,

Smurfy

Don't know much about 265 bty or air defence, but felt I should reply because a) I'm from those parts and b) no ones answered your post c) I'm also artillery

Have you read the webpage, http://www.army.mod.uk/106regtrav/265_bty/ ? Got information on it's role and a bit about available jobs.
Quote "The Battery is currently recruiting Surface to Air Missile (SAM) operators, drivers, medics, chefs and data operators"

Don't know what roles are available to women so you'll just have to ask.

Good luck

Unidentified said:
b) no ones answered your post
:oops: Thanks, I was starting to feel a little sorry for myself!!!

I just wanted a bit of info from someone who attends. It's a bit of a trek for me to get there (well more the return journey on train) and just wanted to see whether it'd be worthwhile or if I'd just be sitting on my arse all the time.

Am looking into a couple more units that are easier for me to get to. I'm going to have a look around each one before I decide though.

Thanks for the help.

Smurfy

Latest Threads