105mm fuse setting?

I have an L34A2 time fuse for 105mm. (Inert obviously!)

I also have the manual fuse setter.

I can see that there is a spring loaded locking lug that engages with the pocket in the lower (brass) part of the fuse and when the setting lug is switched to TM, it engages with the slot on the upper (aluminium) part of the fuse.

My question is, is the brass ring with 4 notches in, between the base and the top of the fuse, a locking ring?

If so does it have a normal right hand thread and is there a special tool to unlock it?

Lastly, the fuse setter has a TM setting and a VT setting. I assume this is for different fuses. TM is time? VT is for velocity?

Cheers!

I have an L34A2 time fuse for 105mm. (Inert obviously!)

I also have the manual fuse setter.

I can see that there is a spring loaded locking lug that engages with the pocket in the lower (brass) part of the fuse and when the setting lug is switched to TM, it engages with the slot on the upper (aluminium) part of the fuse.

My question is, is the brass ring with 4 notches in, between the base and the top of the fuse, a locking ring?

If so does it have a normal right hand thread and is there a special tool to unlock it?

Lastly, the fuse setter has a TM setting and a VT setting. I assume this is for different fuses. TM is time? VT is for velocity?

Cheers!
VT = Variable Timing. Used for air burst (Was also used as a cover name for proximity fuses developed in WW2.)