1043 Cert, How to?

Discussion in 'REME' started by big_un, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm the correct way to fill out a 1043 condemnation certificate, or point me in the right direction of the instructions.

The reference 'JSP 886 Volume 3 Part 1 Section 7 Page 148 Serial 14' listed in DES 3 offers no help, as it does not exist.

The states of BLR, BFR, and BR are covered in JSP 886 Volume 5 PART 202 Pamphlet 4 section 1. However I'm not sure whether these are entered into the Classification column or the Repair Decision column.

I remeber from the past that 'Z' used to be put in the classification column, and 'BLR' was in the Repair Decision column. However that was when the instructions were covered by Mat Regs, and I guess things have changed slightly since then (no more BER), and I just want to make sure I'm getting it correct.

Cheers.

2. I fear for this thread; its wide open for the Sarcastic Answers Brigade to be all over with their usual helpful replies :blank:

3. Serial Number: Taken from the 1043 Register
    Job Number: Taken from the Master Works Register
    To Officer Commanding: Name and address of unit that the kit belongs to
    Reference 1045 number: The 1045 number the fault was reported on
    Dated: The date of that 1045

Tick whether it's been condemned (BR) or certified (BLR)

Item designation, NSN and serial number (if it has one) in the big box. BLR or BR and Z in the two columns. "In accordance with JSP 336, Vol 12, Pam 4 Sect 1 Para 114 a-f at the bottom. The letter right at the end shows why you can't repair it yourself - lack of workshop space, lack of technical information, lack of trained personnel etc. I think it's a different Para if the kit is BR, but I can't remember which one it is.

Signed by an appropriate grown up (usually the FofS or Captain or above).

That's how I've always done it anyway. I'm Signals rather than REME but I shouldn't think there's much different.

Check the details, because that's from memory, but I think that's about right. You can't find JSP 886 because I'm pretty sure it got changed to 336 a couple of years back.