101 year old Normandy Veteran does skydive

Dear ViroBono,
You will recall I started this last night in Current Affairs, before you first deleted it, and then on appeal moved it to its present fringe location.
If you had Radio 4 on at 6 a.m, you will have heard the story was the third item on the headlines, after Conservative and Labour manifesto items.
If that doesn't qualify as CA, it's difficult to see where your bar is set.

On the substance of the story, John Humphreys later interviewed Mr Hayes. The old boy outlined his perspective on life was formed when saying goodbye to his wife and children at the end of leave prior to the crossing of the Rhine, and thinking he wouldn't see them again.

Can I please urge you to take a moment and consider the meaning of 'Moderate'. It implies not extreme.
One assumes you do not wish to be thought of in these terms
Urban Dictionary: moderator

You referred me, as you have others before me, to your own post in the Standards sticky. Having read around that, I would respectfully suggest your approach is inconsistent with e.g Welcome to the ARRSEpedia.
Maybe consider hitting a reset button please, to encourage discussion and debate, rather than inhibit it.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I was part of the para insertion into the Arnhem/Op Market Garden commemoration about 20 years or so ago. An old boy well into his eighties came in under a square canopy with the wind. I think his subsequent impact was felt by all on the DZ. Give him his dues though, he still walked off unaided although his nose was plastered all over his face.

I was part of the para insertion into the Arnhem/Op Market Garden commemoration about 20 years or so ago. An old boy well into his eighties came in under a square canopy with the wind. I think his subsequent impact was felt by all on the DZ. Give him his dues though, he still walked off unaided although his nose was plastered all over his face.
Down winders are for winners

Your repeatedly spearing your face into the planet would explain a lot then.