101 Regt RA(V) - Info request.

Discussion in 'REME' started by big_un, Apr 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking at puttng in a posting pref for the said unit.

Having looked at their website, it seems there are possibly 3 slots available for Sgt CL1 Electronics Tech. Anyone know which locations / Bty these slots are in.

Also if you have served with or experiened the unit, any info will be welcome.

2. I was at 39 Regt RA a couple years back and 101 was a dream posting. The quarters are excellent and the singlies got to live in a civvie flat in Town. The obvious social life is excellent and the work was steady i heard. Like about 4 Techs per vehicle so count that as steady :p

Ive been told that there are no slots for Regs any more. A tech Sgt mate of mine was posted there from 39 but got it cancelled and he was sent to NI instead. That was of a year ago so unless its changed then I believe thats the case.
  3. I had a very enjoyable time at 101, good set of guys and girls. The only pain is the amount of weekend work (as a PSI), however the nightlife made up for it. :D
  4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Having spent the best 2 years of a full career at 101 as the Gunner Sigs PSI, I can recommend it as an excellent posting, be prepared to commit to the hours and extra work needed and you will enjoy it to the full, Steve B***ars was radar tech at the time :D