101 RE (V) - do they still exist?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by TimC, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello to all ye knowledgable types on the ARRSE boards.

I'm moving to London in the next few months and was hoping to join 101 RE when I got down there. But, a little birdie (aka mate in 24 RE) told me that 101 got regularised and doesn't actually exist as a TA unit any more. Is this true? If so, is there still some form of TA EOD Reg out there?

Hope you guys can help. I thought I'd ask the ARRSErs as the army.mod website suggests that 101 is still TA, but I trust my mate (well, enough that I know he's not giving me a wah).

2. Except Google is sometimes wrong! The units have all be moving around and the Army website hasn’t been updated.

Yes 101 are now regular; but they have retained 2 TA squadrons, while the 3rd squadron, 217 sqn (the “spceial” ones) were moved and are now part of 33 EOD.

217 Sqn are based in London, SHQ in Ilford (East London) with a Troop out in WhiteCity (west London)

Give the number here a ring:
    Territorial Army - Ilford - IG1 1SW
  3. So whose in Tunbridge Wells now? The TA Barracks with the big FO winged bomb outside it and a sign saying Royal Engineers that I drove past on Sunday?
  4. Legend! Cheers for that civ_eng. I'm moving to somewhere in West London, and was hoping that the White City place was still in use by them.

And thank God my mate wasn't giving me a wah, otherwise I'd have felt a right arrse.

Cheers again,