100km in aid of Gurkha Welfare Trust and Oxfam

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by birduk, Mar 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Kind Ladies and Gents of Arrse,

With a couple of mates I will be walking 100km across the South Downs in July. Now, I don't just do these silly things for fun, this will be in aid of the Gurkha Welfare Trust and Oxfam who will be providing us with zinc oxide tape and good old army curries along the way.

PLEASE sponsor us on our little Trek, as we are aiming to get to the £2000 mark. There are other things I will be doing in time to try to get to that goal, but I am sure some of you will come up with some good suggestions!

You can pledge here Trailwalker Sponsorship :blowkiss:

Here is the blurb:

"Trailwalker UK is a 100km trek across the South Downs of England, starting in Petersfield and ending in Brighton. Teams of 4 have 30 hours to complete the trek and must stay together as a team for the duration of the challenge. Trailwalker tests participant's physical and mental stamina as they walk through the night. More importantly, it is an opportunity to help some of the world’s poorest people. Funds raised from Trailwalker UK are used to support the work of Oxfam and the Gurkha Welfare Trust. Both organisations share a vision – to overcome poverty and suffering. The Gurkha Welfare Trust works in Nepal with ex-Gurkha soldiers and their wider communities. Oxfam also works in Nepal, and in more than 70 other countries worldwide, helping poor communities to build a better future."

Thank you in advance for your kind donations!

2. Cough, bump... bumpity bump bump. £120 quid to go to get to my £500 pledge... you know the Gurkhas could do with it...