1000 People Massacred in Ivory Coast!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AIR FILTER, Apr 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Roman Catholic charity Caritas says more than 1,000 people were massacred in Duekoue. That's 200 more than the estimate we heard from the Red Cross. A Caritas spokesman told the Associated Press that Caritas workers visited the town on Wednesday and one neighbourhood was filled with bodies of people who had been shot and hacked to death with machetes. The UN mission has nearly 1,000 peacekeepers in Duekoue but says it has no information of mass killings, AP reports.

Linky .... BBC News - Ivory Coast crisis

I say why is Cavalier Cameron NOT doing anything about protecting these people??

O'wait, there is no wealth in this country.......,so NO protection for these people!

Sad but true!

2. Because there's no British involvement worthy of intervention, be it commerce or history.

3. No UN no fly zone?

4. Côte d’Ivoire as the name implies is in the French sphere of influence so let them sort it.

5. Exactly, and they already have a Bn (ish?) of troops there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds lovely, I hope they kick some arrse and get back in time for cheese and wine.

7. What would you like him to do exactly, please explain in a coherent structure why the Premier is Cavalier, and more important how to co ordinate with the troops already there from France. Since the UN is mediating surely the British Ambassedor to the UN is attuned to what is reuqired.

8. Now does anyone remember a certain UK Prime Minister signing an agreement with France? We may be involved whether we like it or not.

9. And you appear to be surprised! FFS, the only time Africans stopped killing each other in such numbers was when the Europeans stopped them during their colonial rule! It has been going on for millenia in various parts of Africa, a way of life where one tribe decided to beat up a neighbouring tribe for slaves/land/cattle etc!
    Despite all the bleating by the handwringers, little or nothing was done to stop Mugabe in Zimbabwe from allowing/encouraging his followers, the so called war veterans, from murdering white farmers & opposition politicians & their supporters following their independence! Just watch the rainbow nation as it slowly descends into a similar state as the population realise they are worse off under the corrupt ANC leaders than they were under apartheit!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Having had a look through Air Filter's other posts, it would appear he cares less for dying Africans than for slagging the PM.

11. Ah that explains the jibe

12. So AIRFILTER what forces would you propose sending on this jolly jape to bring peace to the fuzzy wuzzies?

13. No commerce of any worth?

They are the world's largest supplier of cocoa FFS!

If I cannot get supplies of finest dark chocolate for Mrs H on her birthday, anniv and Xmas my life will become a misery. Deploy troops now to secure supplies.

14. It rather sums up the 'doublethink' of AIR FILTER's ideology:

'You are not allowed to intervene in countries where Britain has huge commercial interests [O&G] unless you intervene in every country in the world that has suffering.'

Let's hope, Herrumph, that Venezuela doesn't go tits-up otherwise we'll be forced to invade to protect the supply of roses in lieu of chocolate for Madam H.

15. Considering there's already 11,000 odd UN peacekeepers in the Cote d'Ivoire, I doubt the small det of Brownies that the UK could afford to provide could really make any worthwhile difference to the country.