1000 more USMC for Islamabad

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently.

2. If true,an interesting development."Advisors",perhaps?.
  3. Yes, a reinforced battalion of heavily armed "advisors".
  4. Great posting for the jarheads...... all those girlie bars and nightclubs in Islamabad.....

The US must have one heck of a compound to barrack all those guys. Maybe its all a scheme to create an irresistible target for the jihadis, in order to draw them off from attacking Pakistani institutions...?
  5. Or maybe providing a sizable force to prevent what happened to the iranian embassy.
  6. apparently the compound is a right lick to area-clean so they brought in some help.
  7. Please excuse my septic ignorance, and no thread drift intended, but is
    "Pak" OK but "Paki" bad????
  8. Thanks. I was just wondering how broad based the "insult" was. I cannot fathom a reason for it, but I am here of course and not there.

No pandering here :D
  9. I wonder if the USMC wouldn't mind starting with Leicester, Bradford and Peterborough then move on to Islamabad ?
  10. Good idea, they could stage through these areas for acclimatization....(but I thought Peattyburrow was a Polish enclave)

11. Islamabad 2009,or Saigon 1964.

Vietnam started the same way under a new Democratic President.
  12. US military involvement in vietnam started almost 14 years before 1964?
  13. " Pak " is used very often in the Indian press
  14. I believe the term paki only became a "bad" word in the UK because of the widespread use of the prefix "fookin" and the suffix "bastard(s)".

The fact that it was/is used as a catch all for anyone of asian appearance can't have helped either.
  15. I think I'll wait for confirmation from a reliable news source before I believe this.