100 Regt RA

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Lighthorseman, Jun 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all

Might sound like a silly question but I'd like to know if any Btys of 100 Regt get out and about firing their guns on training weekends??

I am in a Yeomanry Regiment and would like to organise a joint training weekend in 2008 with my sub-unit, if at all possible.
  2. We are, in fact we are out next weekend.
  3. Anyone in 307 Battery in the Nottingham area and can recommend/not recommend it ? ie organisation, people etc. jobs on offer? Also are they a para trained battery or is it just 266 and 201 that do P company etc or do all three from 101 regiment have to do it to work on the guns?
    Just wondering..........

4. Anyone in the Regt is allowed to attempt P Coy or CC. However you may only wear your maroon/green lid if you are in the respective battery. 307 Bty (SNH) are affiliated with 1 RHA and as such we do not wear either maroon/ green lid.

I would recommend coming to the Battery on a Wednesday night and getting into the recruit house. They will be able to answer all of your questions, show you round the battery and you can chat to the Officers and Soldiers in the bar. This way you can get your own feel for it as everyone prefers different environments. I would recommend the battery thoroughly.

See you Wednesday evening?
  5. Thank you for your response.......I won't be able to come this wednesday but will definitely be paying a visit soon.

Thanks again

6. 100 Regt RA does not have any FAC billets. The TA's FACs currently reside as a Tp within 21 Signals Regiment. The only other TA chaps serving as FACs are doing so as FTRS.
  7. The real question should be: "can you train as an FST in the TA?", for which I think the answer is: technically, but not many have. FSTs have an FAC capability (or the Regular ones do) and are basically the old FOO parties with more tricks. The debate of TA FSTs is definitely covered elsewhere, but I am not IT clever enough to link you...