100 mile Poppy Cross run for the Royal British Legion.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by postman_twit, Oct 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At 2100 hrs on Thu 21st Oct I will be departing the Brigg War Memorial and setting off on a jog round the Lincolnshire Wolds, returning at around 1200 hrs on Sat 23rd Oct having completed at least 100 miles.

I will be raising funds for the Royal British Legion and the Brigg & District Poppy Appeal, laying a Poppy Remembrance Cross at every War Memorial I encounter along the way.

I appreciate that there is a lot of Charity fatigue out there at the moment but I really hope you can spare a few bob for this most worthy of causes. Donations can be made via cheque (made payable to Brigg & District RBL) to Brigg Outdoors, Market Place, Brigg, N Lincs, DN20 8LG.

For the spotters amongst you, the route will be:

Brigg, Wrawby, Bonby, Horkstow, South Ferriby, Barton, Barrow, Thornton Curtis, Ulceby, Brocklesby, Kirmington, Melton Ross, Barnetby, Bigby, Caistor, Market Rasen, Lissington, Wickenby, Lincoln, Waddington, Scampton, Hemswell, Kirton in Lindsey, Redbourne, Hibaldstow, Scawby, Broughton, Brigg.

Thaks in anticipation,

P-T

PS. For the local Arrsers, we will be dedicating our new Branch Standard at 1900 hrs Sat 23rd Oct, St Johns Church followed by a Poppy Concert. All visitors welcome. Tickets £5.

2. The first of many bumps over the next week.

3. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I,ll Bung in a few Quid PT, good luck

5. Many thanks PRT.

6. Just driven the route, 110 miles! A bit of snipping needed I think.

7. Came across a few memorials to various RAF units during my recce. One that really stopped me in my tracks:

177? Squadron RAF memorial located in the village of Kirmington (by what is now Humberside International Airport), 921 men lost between 1943 and 1945!

Very sobering.

8. wedge_cadman

Starts 2100hrs Thursday.
    P-T I have new bike lights so I can see where you're going.

9. Hope you've got roller skates and a tow rope too!

10. wedge_cadman

It's a wide angle beam ;-)

11. 12 hours before the start. Not too late to get that donation in the post! : )

12. wedge_cadman

10 miles in. 90 to go.

13. wedge_cadman

22 miles in. Another 8 to go tonight.

14. Well done mate,I shall get some money off to that address,makes my efforts seem easy

15. Thank you Rhodesian.