• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

100 cases of beer.

Man arrested for trading daughterMan arrested for trading daughter
A Californian man arranged to sell his 14-year-old daughter into marriage in exchange for 16,000 dollars, 100 cases of beer and several boxes of meat.
Police in Greenfield said they only learned of the deal after the 36-year-old man went to them to get his daughter back because payment was not made as promised.
The man was arrested on suspicion of human trafficking along with an 18-year-old man on suspicion of statutory rape. Investigators believe the girl went willingly with the man, but she is under California's legal age of consent and cannot legally marry.
Only a 100 cases of beer? Lightweight 8O

Sounds like a good deal to me. He'll turn out to be an immigrant from one of the worlds shitholes where dowrys are paid by one side or other for junior's hand in servitude. If he isn't, of course, then it's a triumph for multiculturism.

I was cheated. I had to give two goats a pig and 100 kgs of rice for Mrs Rockpile and two bottles of Mao tai as a sweetener.

Wonder what you'd get for a case of Compo...

.... constipation, probably.

About 10 years ago in Kenya a Masai chief offered me 8 cows for my wife.
What a fool I was not to accept the offer.