10 years since Kosovo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by The-Goose, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where were you 10 years ago?

2. Either en-route to Thessalonika to pick up\drop off kit or at Camp Arctic Circle in Macedonia. Sweating, and wondering why I wasn't on my resettlement course as I'd just got back from a tour of Bosnia in March and signed off!
    I'd spent the best part of the past 3 years on tour and was fed up. I remember when Brig Cross (later Maj Gen) came to visit 19 Sqn and got very angry when he found out that the vast majority of our unit had been on tour for almost a year due to double touring and other bad planning.

3. It wasn't my fault, Guv, honest!

In a big building planning to invade a small region in the Balkans which no-one had heard of.

"Where?"

"Kosovo!"

"Where's that?"

"I don't know..."

:D

Litotes

4. Digging up a Proof Range in Jockland that had never, ever, ever had any live ammo warheads on it. not even during WW1 and WW2 :roll:

Wondering WTF we were doing getting involved further.

5. At home, thinking to myself that we were bombing the wrong side.

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Packing......

7. Bessbrook Mill

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Sat in a field in Macedonia. Waiting..

9. At school, doing very little.

10. Probably packing my bergan/webbing and waiting for transport?

11. Sat on my bergan as R1 lead coy in JRRF in a Cdo that was lead Cdo. Oh I forgot Dracula that RM loving chap was in charge...

12. GPMG Section Commaders course wondering where half the regular courses had vanished

13. Taking the words out of my mouth...except I wasn't at home !

14. Same, Having done end of Grapple I, (beginning of April'93 onwards) till the end of Grapple II; did we make a fecking mistake?

Never did Kosovo myself, fortunately............but they are closely linked to the Albanians so thank feck William Wilberforce is not around to see what we as an Army (at the behest of a Labour Government) have managed to feck up.

( For the uneducated; W.W was an independant representing Hull and later Yorkshire)

Kosovans = Albanians=Drugs as well as Sex slaves (willing or unwilling).............oh hang on they also get a freebie into the EU!

15. Happy Days in the Gazella Shoe Factory