Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

10 Years from now, what do you think you will be doing?

In 10 years time? Well into pension and an almost permanent visitor to the range burning shed loads of powder!
(with a well known rifle amongst others).

Actually living in my own house after 45 years of following the flag. House to have a decent garden, a workshop and a brewhouse. Brewing and drinking beer after a run over the top of the dale. Cooking for my wife and stray visitors.

Sadly for your charity 'er indoors is confident that she will outlive me and has decided she will dispose of my worldly goods to the highest bidder on f**king e Bay. My children are already circling buzzard like and dropping casual hints as to what items they would like passed their way in my will. H4H will get a little sum when I finally shuffle off this mortal coil so they may be disappointed in the cash stakes...

I find myself in a similar position, the nemesis has decided that I must do my utmost to grow old gracefully whilst being available to the rugrats for financial assistance and babysitting duties. You may be sure that if I outlive her I will be interviewing LBFM's as home helps in warmer climes. Much cheaper than allowing HMG to cap my fee's at £75k, and I will be specifying my own care requirements..you can bet on that.

pushingupdaisies.jpg

"Actually living in my own house after 45 years of following the flag."

45 years? BL did you join as a 10 yr old or merely serve till 65 ish?