• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

10 Second Anonymous Questionnaire

Do you smoke?

• I have smoked regularly

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I smoke regularly

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I have never smoked regularly

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters
Hi, I'm doing a bit of research into the veterans' community, and I was hoping you could take a few seconds to answer the above poll question. Thank you!

Edited at 0930

Why should he be worried about persec, he's a history student, not a steel eyed dealer in death!
Silly me! Of course, Persec is only for mil and ex mil...No civvy ever suffered from identity fraud etc...

At the OP, so what will it prove? As most who do smoke actually start whilst still at school or just after, how does this relate to whether it is relevant if a squaddy has or hasn't smoked?

Silly me! Of course, Persec is only for mil and ex mil...No civvy ever suffered from identity fraud etc...

At the OP, so what will it prove? As most who do smoke actually start whilst still at school or just after, how does this relate to whether it is relevant if a squaddy has or hasn't smoked?
Maybe an analysis of the results of his not particularly representative or scientific survey will tell him something. Personally I doubt it.

But he is asking if I ever smoked. I've no problem with telling him, it's not exactly going to destroy my life if I tell him. It's not as if he is asking, "What's your bank sort code, account number & PIN?" or "What colour is the boathouse?"

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Research implies knowing something about your sample and how it relates to the population in general. How are you going to know:

-- If your respondents are genuinely military or ex-military?
-- If they are typical of the military as a whole - for example what is their age profile?
-- How that sample relates to the UK population in general?
-- If the responses are accurate and honest - or just given for the hell of it?

Wordsmith

Research implies knowing something about your sample and how it relates to the population in general. How are you going to know:

-- If your respondents are genuinely military or ex-military?
-- If they are typical of the military as a whole - for example what is their age profile?
-- How that sample relates to the UK population in general?
-- If the responses are accurate and honest - or just given for the hell of it?

Wordsmith
Maybe the survey is really about how many people on a random website are willing to answer a pointless question over a set period of time

I may misjudging the OP but he keeps appearing with "research" questions that he is reluctant to discuss and certainly is unwilling to provide progress reports.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads