10% Discount At Tapion House, St Lucia

Tapion House is run by my wife and I in the upscale Tapion district of Castries, St Lucia, West Indies and overlooks lovely Tapion Bay. We are retired from the Canadian Army, having served for 45 years between the two of us.

We have two suites that we rent out to vacationers, although one is currently rented on a long-term basis. Our Garden View Suite features two bedrooms, one bath, full kitchen, complimentary wi-fi, complimentary parking and we provide a bottle of red wine, a bottle of white wine, 12 Piton beer and $100 XCD in groceries in your suite upon your arrival for any stay of a week or more. We do not charge for utilities, additional guests or cleaning upon your departure. VAT is included in all our prices.

Our standard rate is $75 USD/night, however we offer a 10% discount for a stay of a week or longer. Additionally, we offer a further 10% discount to current serving and veterans of all Commonwealth & NATO armed forces and police services. So, a 10 night stay at Tapion House could be had for $600 USD or about £415 at current exchange rates. We are on VRBO, AirBnB, Trip Advisor, Flip Key, Facebook and of course www.tapionhouse.com.

There are a number of great beaches nearby, some outstanding local restaurants/pubs and lots of history, culture, sun, sand and surf to take in. Fell free to contact us anytime with any questions about the island, we want your stay here, even if it isn't with us, to be a fantastic experience!

Thank you all for your service to our Sovereign and we hope to see you here soon!

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Well that's the Arrse summer barbecue venue sorted.

Problem of course is that flights cost the same as 2 weeks on the Cote d' azure.

Good luck anyway.

How do we all get over there?
How much fuel will we have to put in the Stalwart?
Has anyone got a fabloned map of that bit of ocean?

Edited to add...nice offer though to give the 10% discount. Shame it's not a little closer.

Had a look at the website when you posted it up on the history thread. Nice looking place. Definitely worth considering for an overdue vacation.

Thank you all for your kind words! Even if you visit the island and stay at another guest house or resort, we'd love to meet up with folks and lift and pint or two. I'm sure we all have some tales to share, some possibly even true! ;) But, we would be thrilled to host any one from the boards here. Cheers!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I might have missed it on the site, but how many can your suites sleep? Separate beds/rooms?

Edit: Looked again - seen it :) Adding it to my list!

I might have missed it on the site, but how many can your suites sleep? Separate beds/rooms?

Edit: Looked again - seen it :) Adding it to my list!
Glad you found it and glad you asked! Please, don't hesitate to ask any questions at all! Cheers.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
He seemed to really like it then noticed chipped paint on kitchen cupboards, flies on the floor, said if they're your marketing pictures you need to do better. Oh and clean the floors he said.
Crack on with that and it's a maybe as the business class flights were reasonable but with the awful BA.

He seemed to really like it then noticed chipped paint on kitchen cupboards, flies on the floor, said if they're your marketing pictures you need to do better. Oh and clean the floors he said.
Crack on with that and it's a maybe as the business class flights were reasonable but with the awful BA.
For $75 a night in the Carribean?

ugly

LE
I've never paid to stop in the carribean, admittedly it meant my choice of islands was either PR or Tortola but there are worse things in life like Doncaster!

For $75 a night in the Carribean?
I believe Jarrod248 is demonstrating the fine British art of "taking the piss out of someone", in this case, me. No worries, all in good fun and no harm, no foul.

Also, the base rate is $75 USD/night, but with a week or longer stay, there is a 10% discount and being a current or former military member yields another 10% on top of that. So, the rate could be as low as $60 USD/night. We do also offer a 20% discount on stays of 28 nights or longer, so if a soldier or veteran wanted to spend a month or more here, the nightly rate for that would be $52.50 USD/night.

Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback and as I say, even if you don't stay at Tapion House, if you're in St Lucia, we'd love to here from you. Cheers to all!

ugly

LE
My wife being slightly partisan hates St Lucia, a stab mate went for his honeymoon, it was less than a week after a hurricane, luckily he spent most of it Indoors as by his own admission it looked like a hurricane had struck and there was fuc k all to see bar blown down coconut trees!

SWMBO grew up on Tortola then PR via Antigua, they are sniffy of other islands the snobs!

Last edited:
Hello Tapion, is Tapion House wheelchair accessible? What is St Lucia like for wheelchair access and use?

Never been to Lucia, but friends have and loved it. Of course hurricanes/rainy season are a hazard.

I have been to St. John, St Thomas and Jost van dyke ($30 a night camping..) this seems Iike a good deal.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How do we all get over there?
How much fuel will we have to put in the Stalwart?
Has anyone got a fabloned map of that bit of ocean?

Edited to add...nice offer though to give the 10% discount. Shame it's not a little closer.
Here you go, just bear left at the first seagull !

download (1).jpg

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I believe Jarrod248 is demonstrating the fine British art of "taking the piss out of someone", in this case, me. No worries, all in good fun and no harm, no foul.

Also, the base rate is $75 USD/night, but with a week or longer stay, there is a 10% discount and being a current or former military member yields another 10% on top of that. So, the rate could be as low as $60 USD/night. We do also offer a 20% discount on stays of 28 nights or longer, so if a soldier or veteran wanted to spend a month or more here, the nightly rate for that would be $52.50 USD/night.

Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback and as I say, even if you don't stay at Tapion House, if you're in St Lucia, we'd love to here from you. Cheers to all!
No I'm not, that's what he said.

Latest Threads