10 days until Main Board, advice on getting fitness to it's peak please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Log, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Log

Log

Dear all,

For the last 2 years I've been living in some fairly awful place in Sierra Leone, during which time a career in the Army as an Officer became extremely appealing. On returning to the UK I attended Briefing towards the end of July and passed Cat 1. As I did not pass the bleep test (they wouldn't tell me what I got up to but I guess level 9) I suspect my age was taken into account, in that the very last Main Board I could attend being 20th November due to the 25y 6m age limit for the Board and 26y limit for RMAS.

So that is the date I am attending. Of course I've been training but I feel like I'm 'only just' at the level required in terms of running, press-ups and sit-ups. Some days, for some reason, I cannot reach the level required.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to prepare myself for an optimal performance in 10 days? This isn't about getting fitter, I know I can do it and it's too late for big changes; I'm after tips on diet, what I should be doing at the gym, how long and how frequently I should go, how many days rest before the Board, etc.

Many thanks for any advice, all hugely appreciated

2. I'd focus on very light physical now as ten days wont make any difference- but def gen up on current affairs and presentation skills.