10 days leave on UK-UK Posting

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ironrations, Jun 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm posted in a month or so and was pleased to hear that there is now 10 days leave given between me leaving here and arriving at my next place. There is as always a problem, the people who deal with postings know of this only as a rumour, the AFF people say its definite and they were briefed on it by Gen Viggers(spelling?) but that I'm not entitled as my posting order was dated before the new ruling.

Help?

Where is it in writing? Why am I being screwed over?

2. first i have heard i will see what i can find out.and get back to you.
    as i am posted as well. so i will find out as i want the ten days.

3. sounds utterly ridiculous. but then so do a lot of MOD rules, so it could be true :)

4. I haven't heard of it.

And I'm currently between drafts on leave that was owed to me...

5. Did you join the Para's or the Commando's then?

[​IMG]

6. see you are following me yet again now please do one.

7. Answer the question - Paras or cododos?

8. [​IMG]

Come on, we are dying to know what unit you joined...

9. Who else was in basic with you?

[​IMG]

10. sorry not playin your games.

11. What not even Airsoft?

[​IMG]

12. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

I have heard as well this from a very good source but I gather that it will apply to those whose posting orders are generated from now on - if you got yours before the ruling I think you will probably keep to the old system. Next time lucky!

13. Hello 7.62. I'm a little confused, I thought you worked on the oil rigs. So when you EVENTUALLY go into the recruiting office and ask about the Paras or Comandoes what will your first question be?

"Which one definately gives you 10 days between UK posts"? That'll impress 'em.

14. thanks pf as i have just got mine so do i still count?

15. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Unfortunately, I doubt it; I would imagine that it will only come into force as new posting orders are generated. It will probably require a DCI/DIN or whatever we are calling them today to make it effective.