10 days leave on UK-UK Posting

#1
I'm posted in a month or so and was pleased to hear that there is now 10 days leave given between me leaving here and arriving at my next place. There is as always a problem, the people who deal with postings know of this only as a rumour, the AFF people say its definite and they were briefed on it by Gen Viggers(spelling?) but that I'm not entitled as my posting order was dated before the new ruling.

Help?

Where is it in writing? Why am I being screwed over?
 
#2
first i have heard i will see what i can find out.and get back to you.
as i am posted as well. so i will find out as i want the ten days.
 
#4
I haven't heard of it.

And I'm currently between drafts on leave that was owed to me...
 
#5
7.62mm said:
first i have heard i will see what i can find out.and get back to you.
as i am posted as well. so i will find out as i want the ten days.
Did you join the Para's or the Commando's then?

 
#6
hellfyyr said:
7.62mm said:
first i have heard i will see what i can find out.and get back to you.
as i am posted as well. so i will find out as i want the ten days.
Did you join the Para's or the Commando's then?

see you are following me yet again now please do one.
 
#7
Answer the question - Paras or cododos?
 
#12
ironrations said:
I'm posted in a month or so and was pleased to hear that there is now 10 days leave given between me leaving here and arriving at my next place. There is as always a problem, the people who deal with postings know of this only as a rumour, the AFF people say its definite and they were briefed on it by Gen Viggers(spelling?) but that I'm not entitled as my posting order was dated before the new ruling.

Help?

Where is it in writing? Why am I being screwed over?
I have heard as well this from a very good source but I gather that it will apply to those whose posting orders are generated from now on - if you got yours before the ruling I think you will probably keep to the old system. Next time lucky!
 
#13
7.62mm said:
first i have heard i will see what i can find out.and get back to you.
as i am posted as well. so i will find out as i want the ten days.
Hello 7.62. I'm a little confused, I thought you worked on the oil rigs. So when you EVENTUALLY go into the recruiting office and ask about the Paras or Comandoes what will your first question be?

"Which one definately gives you 10 days between UK posts"? That'll impress 'em.
 
#15
7.62mm said:
thanks pf as i have just got mine so do i still count?
Unfortunately, I doubt it; I would imagine that it will only come into force as new posting orders are generated. It will probably require a DCI/DIN or whatever we are calling them today to make it effective.
 
#16
Hmmm I got my posting order through today and apparently uk-uk is one day even though im going overseas and i'm sitting the board on an insert slip??? If APC cant even get the admin orders right what chance has anyone else got.

On a serious note though, i have not heard anything, uk-overseas and vice versa has always been 10 days...but for uk-uk i cant really see it. Bonus if its true though...
 
#17
thanks pf do you know the dci/din number so i can fire it up to the shineys as it would make my life a lot better.
as i am moveing very soon.
 
#19
7.62mm said:
thanks pf do you know the dci/din number so i can fire it up to the shineys as it would make my life a lot better.
as i am moveing very soon.
Sorry, no. I would imagine that the fact that no one in admin world knows about means that it has yet to be promulgated.
 
#20
ok i will find out an put it to you tommrow about this matter.
but i think it only gos for overseas poastings.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top