10.4 x 42R Vetterli brass

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by stoatman, Nov 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of months ago, the God-child and/or Billary have prohibited direct export of metallic cases for rifles and pistols from the US, except through licensed exporters.

As a result, I can't get any brass from Buffalo Arms any more.

Does anyone know where there is any 10.4x42R Vetterli, or even 10.4 x 38 R kicking around? Bertram don't do it, and I can't find it on Krank's (although that of course doesn't mean that it's not there...)

I need 50 cases.

The other option is reforming 348 Winchester or 10.3 x 60R, but that is an expensive option and logistically difficult (I can't technically own brass in either of these calibres in Holland... stupid, I know...)

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Try HNDFS, sorry no contact details but they were in Newport Gwent a couple of years ago!
  3. I've just checked Kranks latest cataloge which I have and he does not do 10.4 x42R or 38R Vetterli but does do 10.3 x 60R @ £2.46 per case. His cases are made by Bertram Brass.

If you contact the Dutch section of ECRA they may be able to help. I'm sure that at one of their Ammo Fairs you'd be able to pick up live Vetterli.

4. thanks, but I'm only interested in new cases. Triebel in Germany do 10.3 x 60 from RWS at 1 euro 60 each...