10:30 Run time quick enough for junior para?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaroonMayhem

Swinger
I’m not sure if this is correctly how I post something so you’ll have to excuse me if it’s wrong. I am 16 years old and quite a tall and broad shouldered lad. I have been training hard and pushing myself to work on my running, so much so I have started to enjoy it, and go out running everyday. Yet I still struggle to shift my 1.5 mile time. When I first started I got a miserable 15 minutes. But now 6 months on and three stone lighter I’ve got it down to a consistent ten minutes and thirty seconds. I understand that I should continue to push myself (which I will) but my assessment centre is coming up at the end of this month and I’m worried that if I run a 10:30 that I will not be accepted to the Paras. I am completely fine with everything else as the assessment as I am naturally quite strong and have done quite a bit of heavy lifting work so this would not be a problem. So my question is has anyone gotten in as a junior para with a 10:20-10:30 1.5 mike run time? Also thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I’m not sure if this is correctly how I post something so you’ll have to excuse me if it’s wrong. I am 16 years old and quite a tall and broad shouldered lad. I have been training hard and pushing myself to work on my running, so much so I have started to enjoy it, and go out running everyday. Yet I still struggle to shift my 1.5 mile time. When I first started I got a miserable 15 minutes. But now 6 months on and three stone lighter I’ve got it down to a consistent ten minutes and thirty seconds. I understand that I should continue to push myself (which I will) but my assessment centre is coming up at the end of this month and I’m worried that if I run a 10:30 that I will not be accepted to the Paras. I am completely fine with everything else as the assessment as I am naturally quite strong and have done quite a bit of heavy lifting work so this would not be a problem. So my question is has anyone gotten in as a junior para with a 10:20-10:30 1.5 mike run time? Also thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/fitness-qs-adsc-1-5-mile-run-times.80683/

The_Duke

LE
If the time is still 10 minutes for Harrogate, then that is the standard. There is no room for negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads