10,000BC (a film)

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by EX_STAB, Mar 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hadn't even heard of it until you posted this. But looking at the director's resume, he has brought us such cinematic classics as:

The Day After Tomorrow
    Eight Legged Freaks
    Godzilla (the travesty with Matthew Broderick in it)
    Independence Day

And one of ARRSE's favourites,

The Patriot

So, I think I shall avoid what looks like an atomic bomb of a movie, and spare my mind the cinematic equivalent of radiation poisoning.
  2. You've gotta be shitting me Stabby, all its missing is this fella.......

.......and you'd have dick-flick Nirvana.

Once its out on DVD, I'll be settling down with half a pound of biltong and a four pack of Old Empire, to enjoy a couple of hours of cinematic nonsense.

Nice! :)
  3. Is this " One Million Years BC " Lite? :?

And Raquel Welch was better looking! :D
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ah, Doug McLure. The icon of adventure and creature features. The idea behind a Simpsons character, and always a guy to watch. Loved his films, all nonsense and poor acting but enjoyable. Especially, if teamed with Patrick Wayne.
  5. Hmmm - bad movie?

Semi naked women - check
    Gratuitous violence - check
    Implausible storyline - check
    No need to monitor twisting storyline - check
    Can be watched drunk – check
    Easy to pick up storyline if you fall asleep half way through - check

Looks like an excellent “after the pub” movie to me.
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I have to say, the chance to watch an epic, ideally with some cities getting flooded or knocked over or whatever is not to be missed, its as near as we get to an epic these days..
  7. I know, I know, it`s got the same title though. :boogie:

Place a bunch of misfits into a prehistoric situation without their ipads and vaginal wipes and see what happens.

Bloody hilarious.

Channel 5. Forgot that bit.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  8. is this the dreadful one where we go from ice age to mammoths being used to build pyramids in the desert?

if it is then it's shite.
  9. Is it an ISIL/IS recruitment video?
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. 1. Yes I have.
    2. Yes, yes it is.
    3. It is.

You're welcome

• Like Like x 2
  11. l only waited seven years for that reply!
  12. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

We'll talking of films.

I was watching the news this morning and apparently workers at B and Q are now been lectured on sales of duck tape, rope and cable ties, they are expecting a rush of sales on these items after the release of a certain film which is due for its debut this week.
    Fifty Shades of Grey. My mrs read all the books, when we were on holiday a few years back the amount of women reading this sordid affair was quite disturbing. They (the women), all talking and giggling about it like naughty school girls.
    Should we be looking forward to the release of this filth or should we be worried?
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

10,000BC - tried it, total rubbish. Just reality TV in animal skins. No Mesolithic group would have been a hodgepodge of untrained strangers, you'd be born into an extended family group and grow into your role and skills and would take everything about it for granted as you would know nothing else. You would however have knowledge vastly exceeding the modern of what to eat, what not to eat, where to hunt and where to hide. You'd be infested with parasites. And by 40 it would all be over, if you were that lucky.