Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Up_In_Arms, Mar 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1afbgadfb

2. msr

msr LE

UIA,

Was he regaling the masses with his warry-walty stories?

msr

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

No you cant. The Uniform in Public directive that was issued by the Service Chiefs a few years back now (1998 I think) specifically forbids wearing of uniform in pubs and clubs.

I dare say that you would get away with it if you were, say, with the British Legion after a Remembrance Day parade, but otherwise, you are right - not a clever thing to do.

I would guess that the chances of him being TA or ACF would be better than average.

4. Don't think I've seen service personnel in uniform in a pub since the end of my P Company 14 miler on the South Downs 17 years ago.

My bet would be that this individual was ACF - TA and regulars tend to have more common sense.

Which is not to say people shouldn't wear uniform in public: they damn well should whenever appropriate and we've done ourselves a lot of damage by hiding away from the public, but going to pubs or clubs, where there's always a chance that something is going to kick off, is just daft.

5. Ahh I remember the ACF in pubs whilst in Depot, sneaked out one night, lived a few miles away you see, to see a mate when in wanders a group of lads in uniform and my capbadge, on seeing the 3 tapes I paniced I would get caught till I spotted the c**t was about 16. Always thoughtyou had to wear brassards over combats ? Well the did in my day

Oh FTR they were ACF as I recognised one from my own cadet days

6. The following is the text of MODUK ACA/A2G/Z2S 161100Z OCT 98.

7. Does no-one frequent The Bustard any more? 8O

8. I think that comes under 10 (b) - sport..

9. So what happened to that guy from the RHA goes to the sandpit documentary on BBC? Wasn't he filmed going for a meal and a pint wearing his dessies? Fair enough he deserved it, but in your working clothes?

So much for persec on that one.

10. Not so sure, I think its 10 a. -- after all, they re-drew the training area boundary to include it!

11. i have spotted a squaddie in RLC stable belt in local pub, he was on his own, i didnt question or anything tho , just minded my own business the thought did run through my head was "why is he drinking on his own ?" :lol:

the last time i drank in a pub in uniform was to attend a sending off of a former DC many of us came straight out the Dets to the pub as there was no time to get changed, also for Remebrance sunday in No2s.
    thats about it, im sure everybody else did the same themsleves

12. We locals try not to! :D

Although as an historical note it was the inn where the Salisbury/Devizes stage coach changed horses for the last bit of the journey which now incorparates an Impact area! 8O

13. Dunno what you're talking about. (Sheepish smiley because there dosen't appear to be one)

14. 8O Errm try the Crown near Tidworth, have seen them myself being served lunch and drinks with drivers waiting outside :?

PS Delete this if I'm out of order for naming the pub :oops:

15. This is a WAH!, right? :?